Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Colon cancer  (Read 5575 times)

skkb

Colon cancer
« on: October 25, 2022, 08:29:45 PM »

3 or 4 days of rectal bleeding, nothing since Saturday. Doctor doing blood tests Thursday and referral thereafter. No pain, weight loss, diarrhoea or constipation, no bloating or lumps and bumps. Could be internal haemorrhoids or ??…..goodness knows when I’ll get the referral appointment….so scared

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Colon cancer
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 08:45:43 PM »

What does your GP suggest that the waiting list might be?  Did he/she mention colon cancer?

skkb

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 09:28:39 PM »

No, he said most likely internal haemorrhoids but they are difficult to see or feel (he did check) so in cases of unexplained bleeding they always go down the referral route. Normally this would be approximately a two week wait but because of the backlog it could be longer. I asked about going private but he didn’t think it would be much/if any quicker!! Of course I’ve googled…..which comes up with loads. No other symptoms and so far no more bleeding which I’m hoping is a good thing but I guess it could happen again which will completely freak me out…..

Lyncola

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 07:52:47 AM »

Hi skkb,
As a long term hemorrhoids internally and externally on and off for about 15 years and two years of fissure.
Can I ask does it bleed when you poop?
Do you have pain when you poop?
Do you have pain though out the day?
With a fissure or hemorrhoids bleeding can happen when you poop, it should be a bright red colour. It can be on the paper as you wipe or along one side of your poop. You might see some in the toilet bowl. I have been known to fart blood and I’ve had a strange little feeling in my ass, check my underwear and blood on it. My doctor tells me this is all normal for me with my problems.
A fissure is very painful “like pooping glass” horrendous when you poop. Pain only for a couple of hours after you pooped, my was all day.
External hemorrhoids you can feel a painful pea like size outside your anus.
Internal hemorrhoids can give you pain all day as well as external hemorrhoids.

After two years off a fissure that wouldn’t heal, and surgeon who refused to do Botox or a operation, I was told learn to live with it. I decided I’ll had nothing to loose and tried a American product call Pranicara, and it heal my fissure and I’m more comfortable again, I also have a post in the private member’s on this forum called “Piles, Fissure and anything to do with a sore ass” that I’ve started each might be interesting for you.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2022, 08:29:20 AM »

So you trust Dr GOOGLE  :-\

The reason it may not be quicker to see a Surgeon privately is due to him/her working part-time in the NHS and using his days off to treat private patients.

Could you take a sudden appt if someone else cancels?

skkb

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2022, 08:48:52 AM »

Thanks Lyncola. No pain and no more bleeding since Saturday. Stool this morning appears perfectly normal. Blood tests tomorrow then referral presumably for a colonoscopy. Took naproxen for 2 weeks which made me constipated so took laxatives one evening before bed, loose poo over the next 24 hours and then the bleeding, nothing since. No other symptoms

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2022, 08:51:49 AM »

How do U feel this morning?  Does the GP know about your medication, certainly you should consider telling the staff B4 the scan.

skkb

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2022, 08:54:38 AM »

CKLD. I’ve spoken to Bupa this morning about private care. £200/£200 consultation, 8 November earliest appointment, tests extra, colonoscopy £2250 ….2 to 4 weeks ahead but could be longer…..which could be about the same as the NHS !! We’re due to go away in 5 weeks time  :'(

skkb

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2022, 08:56:46 AM »

Feel perfectly fine this morning, normal toilet time, no I didn’t mention the naproxen or laxatives….yes I should have done, but the naproxen would be on my records as the surgery prescribed them !!

Limpy

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2022, 09:42:56 AM »

Feel perfectly fine this morning, normal toilet time, no I didn’t mention the naproxen or laxatives….yes I should have done, but the naproxen would be on my records as the surgery prescribed them !!
It would be nice to think so wouldn't it though it doesn't seem to work like that!
Best mention it specifically at any further appointment.

discogirl

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2022, 10:35:22 AM »

3 or 4 days of rectal bleeding, nothing since Saturday. Doctor doing blood tests Thursday and referral thereafter. No pain, weight loss, diarrhoea or constipation, no bloating or lumps and bumps. Could be internal haemorrhoids or ??…..goodness knows when I’ll get the referral appointment….so scared

hi skkb

i just wanted to reassure you really.

a good number of years back i had rectal
bleeding. i was very concerned obviously
turns out it was internal haemerroids.

i had a colonoscopy but everything fine xxxx

skkb

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2022, 11:33:33 AM »

Thanks Discogirl, yes that’s reassuring……that is what the doctor thought the most likely but any unexplained bleeding should be investigated, which is good. Just hope I don’t have to wait long for an appointment but with is going away in 5 weeks time, then Christmas and New Year if I decided to wait it could be January and wouldn’t want to wait that long. If the blood tests come back early next week and the doctor has sent the referral letter I can only keep my fingers crossed for an early appointment

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2022, 11:39:32 AM »

My Consultant always told patients to go away on holiday, that a few days wouldn't make a lot of difference to the outcome.

However, when diagnosed with breast disease I wanted to get on with treatment etc..  Even if the medication is on your records, if the GP isn't reading back far enough ?? that's the problem with records kept on computer  >:(.

skkb

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2022, 12:07:07 PM »

Hi CLKD, I only had the naproxen 27 September for a knee injury so he may have spotted it on the computer but I should have told him about the constipation and laxatives. We’re away for 3 weeks, returning just days before Christmas so I think any appointment, if I were to go away, wouldn’t be until January 2023 …….which could be a 3 month lag  :-\

skkb

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2022, 12:36:01 PM »

Lyncola where do I find your “Piles etc posts…..?
Pages: [1] 2 3