Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: utrogestan  (Read 1337 times)

discogirl

utrogestan
« on: October 25, 2022, 11:00:34 AM »

hi everyone.

ive started 50mcg estraderm increased from 37.5mcg.

i take utrogestan 100gPV continuously.

could i take utrogestan PV say every other day

thanks for any replies xxxx

Nik2502

Re: utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 11:05:17 AM »

Hi

You can do but you really should speak to your doctor first.

Nik xx

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 11:55:50 AM »

Taking Utrogestan vaginally is off licence and taking it every other day is off licence. x

discogirl

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2022, 02:17:05 PM »

Thanks so much Nik2502 and Dotty,

I appreciate both your replies.

My gp is off this week but I will speak to him when he's back. He knows about me taking the utro PV.

It's the only way I can take it unfortunately, I could never tolerate it orally.

I believe taking it PV eliminates a lot of side effects apparantely ?

Nik2502

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2022, 02:28:11 PM »

Hi

Taking it vaginally is supposed to take away systemic side effects but it didn’t for me. Still continued to feel insane! 🙈

Nik xx

discogirl

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2022, 02:31:12 PM »

yes, that's me insane!!!!

Do you still take the utro vaginally and sorry if you've told me my memory is shocking, what estrogen are you xxxx

Nik2502

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2022, 03:33:35 PM »

No I’m not using utrogestan now. I’m on Provera. It’s synthetic but it’s the only one I can cope with.
I’m on 100 estradot patch plus one pump oestrogel xx

discogirl

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2022, 05:19:17 PM »

hi nik2502

isnt it strange that the only progesterone you can tolerate is the synthetic one.

thanks so much for your time today its been really helpful.

i hope i can be of some help to you someday xxxx

Katherine

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 09:57:40 PM »

Hi Discogirl, I would check with a gp first because as we know progesterone protects the womb from cancer so I think the dosage is likely to be important. I’m seeing mine soon and I’m going to check too to see if I can take it every other day or at least miss a dose of I feel I need to. Xxxx

discogirl

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2022, 06:59:40 AM »

Hi Katherine,

Nice to hear from you again.

If you could possibly let me know what your gp says.

I think I know what they're answer will be however.

Hope you're okay xxx

Katherine

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2022, 06:58:05 PM »

Hi discogirl, I will let you know. If I forget just give me a nudge! Are we able to message each other on here? My gp understands the need for flexibility so I think she might be ok with it. I’m ok, I hope you are. Xxx

discogirl

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2022, 07:07:48 PM »

hi katherine

yes we can message.

i will message you now and you can reply when you need to xxxx

Katherine

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2022, 12:03:14 PM »

Hi discogirl, I really feel for you, and am sending a big hug! Have you discussed all this with your gp? Do you think it is all due to your oestrogen levels? Could there be any other reason why you feel anxious? I thought I would give you a couple of things that I have discovered that can work in sending me to sleep that I just thought of while lying there despairing. They might sound really simple but have worked even for me! One is, I listen to my breathing and every time my mind starts thinking I gentle bring it back to my breath. If that doesn’t work after repeated attempts, Instead of lying there and wishing all these things were different I just accept everything as it is and then my mind stops fighting and I relax and drop off. During the day I will still work on any issues, try and sort things etc but at night I sometimes do that to try and temporarily let go. Xxx

Ps- I meant to put this in your ‘feeling despondent’ post, sorry xxx
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 12:05:49 PM by Katherine »

discogirl

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2022, 03:46:44 PM »

Hi discogirl, I really feel for you, and am sending a big hug! Have you discussed all this with your gp? Do you think it is all due to your oestrogen levels? Could there be any other reason why you feel anxious? I thought I would give you a couple of things that I have discovered that can work in sending me to sleep that I just thought of while lying there despairing. They might sound really simple but have worked even for me! One is, I listen to my breathing and every time my mind starts thinking I gentle bring it back to my breath. If that doesn’t work after repeated attempts, Instead of lying there and wishing all these things were different I just accept everything as it is and then my mind stops fighting and I relax and drop off. During the day I will still work on any issues, try and sort things etc but at night I sometimes do that to try and temporarily let go. Xxx

Ps- I meant to put this in your ‘feeling despondent’ post, sorry xxx

Hi Katherine,

Thanks so very much for your help.

Well, nothing really that would make me stop sleeping. I mean I developed tinnitus in feb which at first really scared me and that stopped me sleeping, but now it doesn't' really bother me and most of the time I don't hear it.

So when I started to recover from the tinnitus I was expecting my sleep to return but it never did. Prior to that I did have anxiety and panic attacks and then when the anxiety got worse I started to think it was hormones.

I'm post meno by about 4 years and when I got my blood estrogen levels checked at end of June before I started hrt they were only <19pmo/L, which is low but my gp said he expects them to be low as I am post meno.

So I'm presuming hrt will help xxx

Katherine

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2022, 03:58:03 PM »

Hi discogirl,

I see what you mean. I had an interesting experience with my oestrogen today. I felt exhausted and achy this morning and felt I would not be able to work. I had my 2 pumps of oestrogen after getting ready as I usually do but I didn't feel a marked difference, a difference but not enough to give me the lift I needed. So I had 1 more pump and I literally felt on top of the world, I had energy, I even felt my vision was sharper, nothing that had been worrying me bothered me anymore and I've been productive since then with work. I still have regular but heavier periods but my period is due soon so I am always like this pre-period, so Im amazed that one extra pump of gel is so effective. It sounds like its just a case then of getting your hormone levels right. Have you tried oestrogel? Sorry if I've already asked that. I think also even when you increase your dosage it can take time to have an effect. Don't put yourself down for feeling impatient I think its perfectly normal to get frustrated but if it is your hormones then there has got to be an answer. I have taken months to figure out how mine affects at different times of the month and to know when and how to tweak it. I hope you have a better night tonight. If you try my tips let me know how you get on ! xxxx
Pages: [1] 2