Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hello, newbie here  (Read 947 times)

WF

• First Flush
Hello, newbie here
« on: October 24, 2022, 12:01:50 PM »

hello my name is Wendy and I’m 56, I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy 9 years ago, I have been to the doctors over the years with different symptoms, I have high blood pressure so most appointments focussed on that even though that was not what I went for. It was only after watching loose women last year with my husband that things started to click, I had most of the symptoms except the hot flushes, so I went to the doctors, took a bit of convincing but he agreed to do a blood test. when I went back I saw someone different and he was surprised they didn’t give me HRT after my surgery, he out me on it straight away and things have improved slightly, still feel the aches and pains and still can’t think or explain myself clearly as I forget the words, now trying to get another appointment but that is way easier said then done. Sorry for the long post but it feels so good to be able to talk about it. 💕💕

Flossieteacake

Re: Hello, newbie here
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 12:08:40 PM »

Hello Wendy and welcome to the forum. Please do not apologise for your post, it is nice to hear your story. Thank goodness you ended up with a better doctor who realised you needed HRT. You will find much support here.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello, newbie here
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 02:12:26 PM »

Hi!  not many Consultants even consider discussing HRT requirements prior to major surgery, so many have a whip it out though process.  And with patients being 'referred back to the GP' it's passing the buck.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use. 

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out; as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.