Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Just been given HRT, bit nervous  (Read 1148 times)

Mummytron

Just been given HRT, bit nervous
« on: October 11, 2022, 10:08:43 AM »

I've got the gel and progesterone for 14 days out of 28. I'm 46 and had decided to have HRT but now I'm worried about taking it and the risks etc.
Anyone offer any advice either way about this?
Thanks.

discogirl

Re: Just been given HRT, bit nervous
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 10:19:07 AM »

hi mummytron

im 57yrs old and post meno.

i started hrt in august. i had terrible anxiety insomnia and tinnitus. my night sweats and flushes had gone but the anxiety and lack of sleep were terrible.

im so glad i went on it. my anxuety is improving and so is my sleep
 i do still have some bad nights.

dont get me wrong everythings not rosy but an awful lot better.

its not a magic bullet but i do feel better on hrt.

thats just me though xxxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 10:59:40 AM »

Hello mummytron. I can understand your concerns but perhaps it would help to remind yourself you can stop taking it if it does not agree with you? HRT can be great for addressing the troublesome menopause symptoms. Studies have also shown HRT can help to protect our bones which is so important.  :)

Mummytron

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 04:42:25 PM »

Thanks all.
I think its the increased risk of cancer that worried me, although it is small.

Petal

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 07:47:37 PM »

Hi Mummytron , I’m sorry I’m a bit late in joining your conversation but I’ve only just come across it . I just wanted to add that I am on the same as you gel & progesterone for 14 days. I’m on my second cycle & although I was extremely nervous at the start I am starting to see the benefits. Hot flushes have all but disappeared , sleeping through the night & mood so much better. It’s a scary thought when you’re faced with the prospect of putting something new/ unknown in your body but the benefits really do out way the worries/ symptoms that menopause can cause. I had a long conversation with my doctor & then a really rather wonderful pharmacist who totally put my mind at rest & as Flossieteacake said you can always stop if it doesn’t agree with you. I actually was given HRT in July 2021 , it’s taken me a year to start using it , I have persevered all that time with symptoms & then finally thought why don’t I just try instead of suffering , I’m so glad I did. Take your time , there is no rush & try it when & if you are ready. There is always someone on this wonderful group who will always be around to offer some advise . Good luck  😊 xx

Stella2

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2022, 02:18:58 PM »

Hi Mummytron,
I had a fear of cancer too, reading how low the risk is didn't make me feel better. I suffered for too long with hot flushes and night sweats and tried everything else so last December I decided I couldn't go on like that anymore, 5 long years. I researched and found the safest option, firstly gel and later changed to estrogen patch and Utrogestan. It was massive improvement for my quality of life.
I know many ladies take HRT as a preventative method. I would have preferred not to but I feel that I haven't had choice. If you are suffering, go for gel/patch and Utrogestan, use the lowest dose that is enough to deal with your symptoms  . Read and get all info you need. That should be safe enough. X

suzysunday

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2022, 07:46:26 PM »

I would definitely give it a go, you can always stop.  I wish I had tried HRT in my 40s.   I completely understand your anxiety, me having stratospheric anxiety, but I really regret not trying it earlier.  All good thoughts to you.

Cassie

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2022, 07:56:44 PM »

Nothing to be anxious about it will make you feel a different person, been on it for almost 20 yrs also the gel and utrogestan, wouldnt give it up for anything.

Mummytron

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2022, 08:07:22 PM »

Thanks all,
I love this group!