Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Question on bone loss risk and return of symptoms, please.  (Read 672 times)

Dandelion

Question on bone loss risk and return of symptoms, please.
« on: October 22, 2022, 06:00:16 PM »

In 2014 when I started HRT, my oestrogen prescription went gradually up to 100mcg evorel until symptoms disappeared.
As one of the symptoms was IBS, the GPs wanted a colonoscopy, however, one of the GPs upped the evorel to 100mcg and the IBS went along with the other symptoms.
From 2018-2021 I bled, and, as well as hysterocopy and scans, I was gradually reduced to 25mcg evorel, by this time, the only symptom that remained was night sweats, which was soon sorted by a fan by the bed.
This year, at age 56, without my GP's permission, because IBS meant they wanted to do a colonoscopy, and I did not know meno symptoms could return, I have gradually had to go upto 100mcg evorel.
I still feel I need more oestrogen.
1) Why has my meno symptoms returned?
2) Is there a risk of bone loss if I am on insufficient oestrogen?

Thank you.
2)

Dandelion

Bump please:)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 01:12:38 AM »

Anyone any ideas on my post please?
Kind Thanks

Dotty

Re: Question on bone loss risk and return of symptoms, please.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 06:21:52 AM »

Hi meno symptoms can return….you may have had your own supplies of oestrogen remaining which have now dropped. x

Nas

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 06:25:37 AM »

Hormones deplete continually, until you have no more, so symptoms can come and go i guess.

Insufficient oestrogen just means you won’t feel as well as you could. Not sure about bone loss. I mean, millions of women are NOT on HRT, will they all experience bone loss? I don’t know.

Meno is a new way of living and it’s a rubbish one at that ( in my view!). I don’t know if or when it ever stabilises?

Perinowpost

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2022, 08:18:26 AM »

I’m sure I’ve read on here you need to be on at least an average dose (i.e., 50 patch) to protect bones x

Dandelion

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2022, 08:22:35 AM »

Hi

I am on 100mcg but still experiencing symptoms, thanks for your replies, I am still not 100% sure about bone loss.