Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Lack of sleep and other things :)  (Read 717 times)

Ollie999

• First Flush
Lack of sleep and other things :)
« on: October 24, 2022, 08:25:48 AM »

Hi
After 2 months of bladder problems I was prescribed Ovestin and after finding twice a week wasn't enough I am on three times a week which has improved from twice but still not 100%.
After speaking with the GP about insomnia (I fall asleep ok but waik up about 3 and can't get back to sleep) we decided to try Evorel 50 patches which I wasn't keen on as gave me incredibly sore boobs. We have now changed to Sandrena 0.5 which as far as boobs are concerned is much better but neither have helped with sleeping.
Cue another GP call and as I have had the Mirena coil in for 4 years she suggested having a new one or an alternative of removing coil and progesterone tablets.
I didnt think I had many symptoms but my mood seems better with the estrogen and althogh I don't have bad night sweats I have seemed cooler at night (though this seems to have gone backwords since the change to lower dose). I also wonder if my very fuzzy head is due to menapause or just plain old lack of sleep !
Soooooo at 54 I didnt envisage having another coil and would rather not but what are other peoples opinins ?
Coil or tablets ?
Also as only 80 % of woman have gone through the menapause at 54 would I need another means of contraception ?
Also does systemic HRT have any effect on bladder ?
Thanks in advance

Dotty

Re: Lack of sleep and other things :)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 08:29:09 AM »

Hi a Mirena is licensed for hrt for 5 years I believe x