Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: No withdrawal bleed on combi HRT  (Read 624 times)

SC147

• First Flush
No withdrawal bleed on combi HRT
« on: October 23, 2022, 11:44:15 AM »

I have just completed my first 28 day cycle of combined HRT. I use 1mg of Sandrena estradiol gel every day continuously. Then take 200mg of Utrogestan progesterone from day 15 to 26 of the 28 day cycle. I took the last of the Utrogestan for the cycle a week ago and still haven't had a withdrawal bleed. Is this normal? Is anyone else on this HRT who has had the same experience? I was assuming the withdrawal bleed would definitely happen after three days or so of stopping the progesterone for this cycle, but nothing.

I have had other tell tale symptoms, that I would usually get pre period, such as night sweats and palpitations,but no sign of a bleed as yet.

Any info would be welcome. Thank you. :)

Dotty

Re: No withdrawal bleed on combi HRT
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 12:52:49 PM »

Hi some ladies don’t bleed even on a Sequi regime. As it’s your first cycle it may take a while for your body to adjust. x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 04:02:52 PM »

I found my own cycle was always stronger than the hrt one. If you're having period symptoms it may come according to your own cycle. I'd give it 2-3 months and see what happens. If your period is always out of step with the hrt cycle you can adjust the utrogeston days to sync them again.

Mogster71

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2022, 06:13:07 PM »

Hi SC147

What were your periods doing before you started HRT, were you still getting regular bleeds?
When I started on gel and Utrogestan I had a full couple of cycles before I got a period, then the bleeds began and were regular, although for me it was almost always before the end of the Utrogestan. It was the same with Evorel sequi patches.

As suggested by the other ladies I would give it another month at least to see if you come into step :)

SC147

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2022, 01:45:31 PM »

Thank you ladies. All very helpful. Typically, after posting this, I got a bleed this morning!  So a full week after the last two Utrogestan capsules of that cycle.

Hideous period cramps, far worse than the ones I had with my natural periods, but the benefits of being on HRT already outweigh that inconvenience.

Knowing when I'm going to have a bleed will be brilliant too. I was still having natural periods, but they had become a law into themselves!