Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Calf/leg swelling - anyone experienced this?  (Read 852 times)

floraljo

Calf/leg swelling - anyone experienced this?
« on: October 22, 2022, 12:56:40 PM »

Hi all,
I'm 41, in perimenopause but with very high oestrogen levels each time tested (progesterone appears to be low). I had my oestradiol tested on Monday and it was 1600 (very high!). I developed a headache yesterday which has been a regular occurrence since August.

On Thursday before bed, I noticed one of my legs (calf) was swollen and tight. I may have been sitting in a funny position  - I can't remember. It was fine the next morning. I googled it and wish I hadn't!
Has anyone else had swollen legs (calves) during perimenopause or with high oestrogen? I'm hoping it's not progressive. Thanks

KaraShannon

Re: Calf/leg swelling - anyone experienced this?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 01:08:15 PM »

If it was gone the next morning I would just keep an eye on it.  I've had swollen ankles (and calves on and off) for a few years and it comes and goes.  I've had heart tests etc, (not for that but still) and they were all normal.  I remember my doctor saying has it gone in the morning and yes usually it has, so he didn't seem too worried. 

Important to have these things checked out but just here to tell you that it doesn't necessarily mean anything worrisome and from your description it doesn't sound that way. (I'm not a doctor of course)   :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 02:00:02 PM »

Get those legs up above hip level as often as possible and talk to your GP ASAP.  When you press the area does the skin bounce back or is there a 'dent'?  Important to seek medical advice if this is the 1st occasion.

floraljo

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 04:16:43 PM »

Bounced back, yes. And not happened again since then.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2022, 01:10:33 PM »

Any news?

floraljo

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2022, 08:14:42 PM »

No. I've not done anything about it and it hasn't returned. If it comes back, I'll discuss with GP.