Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Testosterone nausea?  (Read 790 times)

Justkeepswimmin

• First Flush
Testosterone nausea?
« on: October 23, 2022, 06:47:01 PM »

I started compounded testosterone 2 weeks ago (4mg daily rubbed in as a cream on inner thighs) after my level came back undetectable.  I really haven’t noticed much of anything except: my food sensitivities (which are many) seem to be flaring up and I’m having daily nausea now even on an extremely limited diet. I keep chasing the food angle, thinking it’s something I’m eating, but it’s everyday with every food now.

I’m on 0.125 estrogen patch + daily 100mg progesterone orally as well as venlafaxine 37.5. The only other change is that I recently moved from 0.1 to 0.15 patch but it was too much (angry!) so I dropped down to 0.125. I have had some hot flashes with the drop (even though it’s still higher than the 0.1 I’ve been on for 6 months) as well as some brain fog, etc. Effexor dose has been stable for 4+ months.  So the nausea could be from that relative drop, but I’ve not experienced this before. There is a lot of stress in my life now, too, as I’m struggling with the decision to divorce or not.

Really curious if anyone has had nausea or other side effects from T other than acne/hair issues/oily skin. Thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Testosterone nausea?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 06:53:36 PM »

Too much alteration all at once?

I was nauseous prior to each bleed.  I also had the runs 10 mins prior to a bleed, even when a period wasn't due.

MayB 4mg is too high?  How long have you been taking Venlafaxine?  It's a lot of medication for the gut to process perhaps?

Justkeepswimmin

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 08:44:29 PM »

Effexor has been stable for several months. I only take that pill in the morning, the progesterone pill at night. The estrogen and T are transdermal. So, I would think it’s less likely to actually be the pills in my stomach. Maybe?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2022, 08:59:10 PM »

Hopefully some1 with HRT knowledge will be along  :-\

MayB put the product names into the search box: singly : to see if threads pop up with advice?