Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Advice for HRT post meno  (Read 1536 times)

kdee69

Advice for HRT post meno
« on: November 01, 2022, 02:04:52 PM »

So I pretty much felt I was through the worst of it - after about 5 years. Of those 5 years I was on Oestrogel 2 pumps and progesterone. I tapered slowly off a year and a half ago and had no unmanageable effects (apart from hot flushes at night which I could cope with).
I did, however, feel that I was flatlining - no real feeling of happiness nor sadness and also, my skin just aged overnight - meaning, i did - When I looked in the mirror I saw an old woman looking back  ::)(I'm 57).
So, I went back on 2 pumps and progesterone. BIG mistake - my anger went through the roof as did my paranoia. I reduced to one pump and this seemed to be an optimum dose. My skin on my shins didn't feel as thin and the hot flushes went completely.
So, here's the question - I'm now feeling a bit paranoid again plus my hot flushes are back , albeit way less than before. Also, the dreams - omg the dreams - vivid and not always great.
Why then, if I'm through the menopause and I think I definitely was, would I potentially be needing to up my oestrogel dose? Why would these symptoms be returning?
I'd be so grateful for advice
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 02:06:25 PM by kdee69 »

Stockport1965

Re: Advice for HRT post meno
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 08:21:48 AM »

did your GP take you off HRT after 5 years. It's an early age to stop (from an osteoporosis point of view)

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 11:03:26 AM »

Things can get worse post meno....they certainly did for me.  x

Poppy61

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2022, 08:02:34 PM »

Things got worse for me too post meno. I was very confused as to why! Started taking HRT this year (5 years post at 61), as the penny finally dropped that I wasn't one day going to pop out the other end. Still working on  the correct dosage.

kdee69

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2022, 11:01:19 PM »

Thank you. I just couldn’t work it out. It helps that others feel the same too.

ange63

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2022, 11:11:11 AM »

Just commented on a separate thread about meno symptoms 5 years post meno.      It has happened me last November when I thought i was heading out of things.....  Things felt like hormones fell off a cliff and I got all meno symptoms.   A year down the line and I'm 59 now. I have given up work as the stomach issues are so debilitating, brain fog, anxiety (never had that in my life) and feel like a shell of who I was..  Tried HRT through Newson Clinic but seem to be intolerant.   Its been a nightmare.