Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Has anyone stopped hrt  (Read 857 times)

Weeloz

Has anyone stopped hrt
« on: October 22, 2022, 10:41:20 PM »

Has any one stopped taking hrt if so how do you feel now  so you feel better or worse for it ?

Dandelion

Re: Has anyone stopped hrt
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 11:13:30 PM »

Following.

Ail74

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 11:32:38 PM »

I’ve recently stopped HRT, it’s been around 2 months now.  Tried lots of different types and doses, always had problems with the progesterone part and didn’t really get amazing effects from the estrogen to be honest.  Still perimenopausal.  Just over 7.5 months since my last period. 

Since stopping I’ve lost 22 pounds, feel brighter and more myself.  Hair and skin seem healthier too. Mood was definitely all over the place but in the couple of weeks 💯 better.

Taking sage tablets morning and night, some other vitamins too and continuing with vagifem 3 to 4 x a week. 

Happy to answer any questions. 

Nas

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2022, 11:33:27 AM »

I’m contemplating it. Been on hrt for 3 years and have never felt amazing. Sick of the patches and the black marks, plus they don’t seem to be doing much these days.

My problem is my bladder. It goes awol without any systemic oestrogen. So, going to switch to sandrena gel, give that a whirl and assess after 3 months or so.

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2022, 01:02:25 PM »

Hello ladies

Nas - I switched to Sandrena gel about eighteen months ago and I prefer it to Oestrogel.  Sandrena has a firmer consistency and dries very quickly.

As I am experimenting with lowering my dose I have recently been using half a sachet instead of a full one. This seems to be working well so there is also the possibility of  tweaking the amount just as you would with pumps of Oestrogel.

I hope Sandrena works well for you and I wish you well.

K.

Katherine

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2022, 01:07:15 PM »

I stopped it recently and felt better at first but after a week I felt absolutely shocking then as soon as I went back on it I was almost back to normal so I won’t be doing that again!

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2022, 02:38:44 PM »

I have no intention of stopping but from previous posts on the forum some people have been fine whilst others have had a return of symptoms. Possibly best to reduce first and see how you are?

Nas

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2022, 02:51:10 PM »

Hi Kathleen,
Good to hear from you.
Yes, I prefer the consistency of sandrena to oestrogel ( which I can’t stand).

Are you just on the half sachet now? How do you feel in yourself?

If I can get away with the one sachet, I will be happy. It’s the bladder I’ve got to watch. If that kicks off again, the dose will have to increase.

All good fun and games eh!

Xxx

JoJo42

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2022, 04:06:39 PM »

I stopped evorel sequi about 11 weeks ago because I developed constant low stomach/pelvic pain. At first I thought I must have a huge cyst or issues with fibroids because the pain was so bad. I had a scan (before I stopped the patches) and everything was fine: normal thickness endometrium, No cysts, still only one fibroid - not grown at all since last scan a couple of years ago. Nothing would ease the pain - in desperation, I took the patch off the pain went away in 24 hours. Decided to stay off the hrt, but 8 weeks down the line (only lasted three weeks off last time i tried) the horrendous night sweats and flushes came back with a bang. I was getting up five/six times a night with the sweats and then the chills. I couldn’t sleep and also felt dizzy and faint after the hot flushes in the day. Re-started the patches (half patch for now) and so far (about 3 weeks in) - the pain hasn't returned and the flushes and sweats are improving. I looked back at some of my messages and found that I had problems with the evorel patches before, but that was when I started them. I’ve been on them for a while and didn’t think the pelvic/abdo pain would return after all this time. I think I might ask to go back on femseven when they are available again. I only went onto evorel because the femseven went out of stock. So.That’s my story. I think I’ll be on hrt for life.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 04:08:18 PM by JoJo42 »

Weeloz

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2022, 07:34:11 PM »

@jojo42 is femseven out of stock . When I was on them I had no problems getting them .

I stopped hrt about 4 weeks ago was on everol Conti kept getting bleeding came off hrt to get scan done everything fine went back on and was offered femseven I didn't feel.They helped me but maybe never gave them enough time . Now feel tired not sleeping and aches have returned 😯

G

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2022, 09:31:46 AM »

I am about to stop myself I am on Tibolone and the side effects are awful with the same response from GP's to give it time. Luckiiy I have a very supportive partner and he agrees that almost trying to get help is worse than the symptoms. Weird how we can help cancer but on this seems it seems for many there is not a viable option, add in it doesn't get discussed enough or treated seriously here we all are :(