Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: So fed up with all of it  (Read 3181 times)

Booroo

So fed up with all of it
« on: October 22, 2022, 01:45:38 PM »

If it’s not one thing it’s another,anxiety off scale last few days crying etc and now sorry if tmi but am proper sore in like urethra bit think tight jeans had to take them off on,y wore few hours taken pain relief just want it gone making anxiety worse please tell me this will pass and get better before turns into something else am proper falling apart with all of this. Am not on any hrt am 50 been peri a while I think but it’s proper revving up lately x

Booroo

Re: So fed up with all of it
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 01:49:23 PM »

Also keep wanting to pee but think that’s anxiety and having a period too

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 02:16:20 PM »

Hi would you consider going on hrt ? It certainly sounds as if that’s what you need x

Ayesha

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 02:33:45 PM »

You could be starting to get the first signs of Vaginal Atrophy with needing to pee all the time. I was like you at 50, couldn't wear my jeans for very long as it was beginning to get painful down there.

Don't despair, start doing some research on VA and get the treatment needed if that's what it is.

Booroo

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2022, 02:34:54 PM »

Thank you Ayehsa have rung 111 on 24 hr ring back
I’ve had internal exam and no prolapse so could it still be atrophy?x

Ayesha

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2022, 02:50:39 PM »

Absolutely, its one of the first signs. But of course, a urine infection should be ruled out too.

If you have no infection, mention Vaginal Atrophy because a lot of medical professionals have never heard of it, and it usually turns out to be just that.
Do your research on it, it will be worthwhile believe me!!

Booroo

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2022, 02:52:45 PM »

Ayesha did you feel uncomfortable like top of the triangle bit if that makes sense?x

Ayesha

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2022, 03:13:19 PM »

Every time I bent down to do something like gardening for instance, it hurt like hell down there and the constant need to pee.
At 50 I began HRT but just for about 5 years on and off.  A few years on and my symptoms got worse, burning, itching, peeing, pain.
I had never heard of Vaginal Atrophy and it's a condition that gradually gets worse with time. Vagifem and or Ovestin is what's prescribed, and it's for life unfortunately.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 03:16:41 PM by Ayesha »

Booroo

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2022, 03:17:53 PM »

Great … not don’t know what to do with myself am drinking cranberry juice took paracetamol and anxiety through the roof so want to cry it’s ridiculous.
I am now using replens last couple weeks after exam by gp cos had pain then but it went away was also prescribed oestridol but not used it as worried about it all x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2022, 03:40:41 PM »

Booroo I am so sorry you are in such pain. VA is such a nightmare and the sooner you get something for it the sooner you will feel better. Cranberry juice, antibiotics, will not help with this. I would also not use replens as there have been reports of it causing irritation. Yes and Sylk are more gentle and can be used to moisturise.

Booroo

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2022, 03:45:14 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake almost didn’t make it to loo just now😬
Did think replens actually I did a dose this morning and it was couple hours after can it really be that?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2022, 03:49:05 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake almost didn’t make it to loo just now😬
Did think replens actually I did a dose this morning and it was couple hours after can it really be that?

Replens has been linked to irritation but I think your symptoms are VA related. I understand it can be scary trying new medications but Ovestin cream is mild and you can apply a tiny bit to see how you get on with it. I hope that can reassure you a bit.

Booroo

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2022, 03:52:01 PM »

Been using replens about couple weeks and this first time it’s been like that
I’m literally going like every 20 minutes grrr is ovestin only on prescription

Ayesha

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2022, 04:02:10 PM »

Both Ovestin & Vagifem are only on prescription but there is now Gina which is Vagifem, that is now available over the counter for women over 50. I've actually seen it advertised on TV recently.

It really does sound like you have VA unless of course it is a urine infection, they both mimic each other very well!

Booroo

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2022, 04:05:03 PM »

Never had anything like this before that’s for sure am going away for few days later in week hopefully will get sorted soon it’s sooo uncomfortable
Pages: [1] 2 3 4