Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Are these levels normal  (Read 1320 times)

Epona52

Are these levels normal
« on: October 22, 2022, 10:58:33 AM »

Hi ladies, I have been having problems for a while, hot flushes, sweats, anxiety really bad, mood swings etc, I had blood test in March and my estrogen levels were 189, I've since had a doctors appointment and we agreed to up the dose of estradiol gel to 4 pumps, i was originally 3, just had another blood test and my readings are 1076, and testosterone 5.1, can anyone tell me if this is normal after 10 days on 4 pumps, just seems like a massive hike, I still feel all over the place and very tired, I originally thought I wasn't absorbing the gel as my previous readings were low, I originally went to doctors because I was just feeling so low and would cry over nothing and feeling so tired and anxious jittery etc, just something else my vitamin d levels were low too, I sometimes wish that it was easy just to get the balance right and what it would feel like to be me again I've felt lost for so long, I have nobody to ask and sometimes this journey is lonely and scary,
X

Flossieteacake

Re: Are these levels normal
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 11:23:05 AM »

Hello Epona. I am sorry to hear you have been feeling lost and lonely. I too find menopause very lonely and scary. I do not have any advice about your readings but I am sure somebody knowledgeable will post soon. In the meantime please use the forum for support whenever you are feeling alone.

It does seem to be difficult getting the balance right for some of us.

Epona52

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 02:59:19 PM »

Thank you flossieteaca :-\ke, I'm not a new new member but I do pop on here for some advice and only then do I realise I'm not alone, so many ladies are suffering, one day you feel perfectly fine and then one day you wake up and everything seems black and you read the same stories over and over, I know there's no magic wand!! But just to feel like a normal woman again would be amazing
X

Epona52

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 03:01:46 PM »

Sorry flossieteacake, not sure why your name came out like that, thank you for your kind reply
X

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2022, 03:37:14 PM »

Sorry flossieteacake, not sure why your name came out like that, thank you for your kind reply
X

No need to apologise. :) I can related to how you feel okay one day and then not the next. Those times can feel so overwhelming. If only I had a magic wand I would wish you and all the members on here to feel better.

Epona52

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2022, 09:55:25 PM »

Thank you flossieteacake,
Hopefully someone will have the answer about the spike in my estrogen and t levels, and thank you for your kind words
X

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2022, 10:50:32 AM »

Hi did you have the blood test after you'd applied the Oestrogel? And are you in peri or post menopause ? x

Epona52

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2022, 08:58:31 AM »

Hi dotty, sorry for late response yes I did have blood tests after applying the estrogen at new measures of four pumps, I've noticed my moods changing this last week, been tearful and more anxious and then low as well as the insomnia returning, I've just spoken to doctors and they said yes levels are high, so I'm guessing it's down to the increase in gel, I'm hoping it will settle down as feeling rough,  :'(
X

Epona52

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 09:02:31 AM »

Sorry dotty also not sure where I am as had hysterectomy at 34, I'm now 52, if I'm honest I feel deep in menopause and have done for at least the last year or so,
X

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2022, 04:09:01 PM »

Where do you apply your gel? If it is on your upper arms, then you had a blood test, then this could have skewed the readings.
Could you ask your GP to repeat test and don’t apply your gel until the blood has been taken.

Epona52

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2022, 09:39:53 PM »

Hi Mis71Mum, thank you for your kind reply, that hadn't even crossed my mind! Yes I do apply it to my upper arms, thank you so much for bringing that to my attention, I doubt that gp would do another blood test so soon, I have decided to use 3 and a half pumps as of today as two weeks in and have felt awful, it's so hard that it affects our mental health so much and I'm sending you a hug just in case you need one
 :hug: