Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Everol 50 - can you cut in half?  (Read 746 times)

Juev

• First Flush
Everol 50 - can you cut in half?
« on: October 21, 2022, 07:02:31 AM »

Dear All
First post on here so here goes

I am 51, post menopause, started Evorel 50 patches and utrogestan  (vaginally) in June, had the most awful bloating! Literally could not bend over so stopped treatment
The bloating went almost immediately

I’m considering restarting HRT and wondered if I could use half a patch? Has anyone got experience of this? And also would I halve my utrogestan too?

Thankful for this forum 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

discogirl

Re: Everol 50 - can you cut in half?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 07:30:02 AM »

Hi Juev,

Welcome back!

I don't know about Evorel 50, but I do cut my estraderm 50 patches, its off licence so my pharmacist doesn't agree but you definately can cut patches as many women on here do so. Therefore I imagine you would be able to cut Evorel 50 patches.

Hopefully some women who use these and cut them can confirm.

I also take utro PV, however I don't know about 'cutting them in half', presumably you mean takeing them every other day?

I would imagine if you did take the utro this way you would need regular scans. I do know that a side effect of utro is abdominal bloating, so I was wondering if the bloating could have been from the utrogestan?

Hope you get sorted xxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 08:57:33 AM »

Hello Juve and welcome to the forum. I always think it is best to start oestrogen on the lowest dose (25) until the body adjusts. You can cut Evorel patches in half just make sure to cut diagonally.

Dandelion

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 06:27:23 PM »

Dear All
First post on here so here goes

I am 51, post menopause, started Evorel 50 patches and utrogestan  (vaginally) in June, had the most awful bloating! Literally could not bend over so stopped treatment
The bloating went almost immediately

I’m considering restarting HRT and wondered if I could use half a patch? Has anyone got experience of this? And also would I halve my utrogestan too?

Thankful for this forum 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽
During the oestrogen patch shortage, when I was on 50mcg evorel, I cut the Spanish equivalent of a 100mcg patch in half and was ok.

NicolaJ

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2022, 06:48:27 PM »

I had the same bloating on Evorel Sequi so cut the patch in half, it got rid of the bloat. I then asked my GP for a 25mg patch and have Estradot. It's enough to control my symptoms. I agree we need to start low and build up of needed

Juev

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2022, 06:50:42 PM »

Ladies thank you so much this is so helpful!!! 💗💗💗