Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Brain fog madness  (Read 2833 times)

lisa06031510

Re: Brain fog madness
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2022, 11:09:07 PM »

Ewww the thought of sex makes me feel sick lol... I'm on a hormonal cream to help with that and dryness already.

Is the memory thing something that later comes back?  I swear people around me think I'm just losing the plot 🤣

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2022, 09:36:41 AM »

We do lose the plot at times, my brain shuts down completely at times.  Like meringue inside  >:(

sashaWalker87x

• First Flush
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2022, 10:36:43 AM »

Hi Guys,

What the heck is with this brain fog!? I feel like i am going mental.... Does it get better at all?

Struggled with many symptoms but this one is the one that I don't seem to find any solution for???

My brain fog has been so bad it's so nice to know its not all in my head ! I read a really insightful article that explained why we experience memory loss during the menopause and it put it down to a drop in oestrogen that then affects the memory section in your brain - im sure it was explained more scientific then this but that was the jist !  if you search 'menopause acetylcholine decline' google explains it way better.

G

• First Flush
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2022, 10:40:02 AM »

Hi so happy to have found this site. The term brain fog isn't big enough! I'm forgetting literally everything just now and can't get my head straight to sort and plan things. I was referred to the memory clinic and an MRI done to rule out early onset dementia - turns out it is 'just' the menopause. This is so debilitating. Reading back on other posts I luckily got a locum Dr and have just been prescribed one pill for all 3 hormones inc testosterone - does seem that day to day GP's don't like it though apparently it's expensive. Try living a day in my shoes! Anyone else with random crying, completely exhausted and muscle and joints hurting too, sense of impending doom and palpitations??

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2022, 11:21:25 AM »

Hi G - R U in the UK?

I watch MotoGP every week from March through to November.  Can I tell you on Monday who won on Sunday: nope.  I've mentioned elsewhere on the Forum that I can really enjoy reading a book but within 24 hours of shutting the pages, I am unable to tell anyone the plot, author etc.; partly because I am lazy in that I no longer work so no longer have to keep stuff in my head. 

As for following threads on here  :-\.  Even to the point of needing to tick the calendar when I open my bowels ..........

G

• First Flush
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2022, 02:28:13 PM »

Hi I am in the UK yes. Oh my that all sounds so familiar. Having to look at the dishes and smell them to even remember what we all ate the night before, asking the same question about all be it small things over again and the worst is knowing I need to remember something but do not know what the 'thing' is. Too many times run a bath and forgotten and it is stone cold or boiled water for an egg and pan broken. I started setting alarms but then I just get an alarm to know I should be doing something - I have now got an app which is better - when I remember to use it. Weekly meal planning feels impossible when it was second nature prior. Gosh we really play down the impact of this hey? It is like I am a completely different person.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2022, 02:29:51 PM »

It's The Change  >:(  ::)

lisa06031510

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2022, 03:42:57 AM »

Omg I feel like a complete different person and it feels so scary

You could hold something simple in front of me like a bottle or keys and ask me what or is and my mind will go blank
. I'm losing memories as well which really cares me...I do wonder, If by time this is over, will it get better

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2022, 08:57:04 AM »

How were you in school when asked a question?  4 me it is sums: if I didn't get the answer correct I had to stand; onto a chair; onto the desk - in front of pupils.  So I never learned sums.  Because my mind shut off.

These days it's finding words for items.  Yesterday I was trying to explain something to DH, 2 items - names escaped me.  I tried drawing circles (why?) in the air  ::) .  I got there eventually.  But internally my brain simply wasn't functioning.  Like mush.

lisa06031510

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2022, 10:14:52 AM »

I was ok at school I think

I now feel I have a stutter when I talk as I'm really trying to concentrate on what I'm saying.... I could stare at something and just go completely blank.. constantly saying Sorry I have no idea what I'm on about 🙈

Nas

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2022, 10:47:14 AM »

I think the brain fog is horrendous. It’s like the brain literally closes down!

I had to say a message in staff briefing this week, just a sentence and had to write it down beforehand!!

I feel that menopause is destroying me bit by bit! 😢

lisa06031510

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2022, 03:29:29 PM »

There must be away we can take control over this madness...

Nas

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2022, 04:15:46 PM »

There must be away we can take control over this madness...
indeed, it’s quite simply a right royal pain in the neck!
Depletion of Oestrogen and testosterone, is not to be taken lightly.

Molly

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2022, 04:18:53 PM »

lisa06031510 I feel your pain. I recently had an interview and had a full on pain attack before and during it, i literally stumbled over every word, said the most ridiculous things, got knows what I was saying, just sooooo embarrassing, my mind went blank.  I came home then and husband cldnt understand anything that I had just been through or was feeling. so no sympathy there at all, all he said was just forget it, its over. :'(

I just feel so stupid. have to get people to constantly repeat themselves so my brain will register with what they are saying...oh god, it mortifying.

Nas

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2022, 04:25:42 PM »

lisa06031510 I feel your pain. I recently had an interview and had a full on pain attack before and during it, i literally stumbled over every word, said the most ridiculous things, got knows what I was saying, just sooooo embarrassing, my mind went blank.  I came home then and husband cldnt understand anything that I had just been through or was feeling. so no sympathy there at all, all he said was just forget it, its over. :'(

I just feel so stupid. have to get people to constantly repeat themselves so my brain will register with what they are saying...oh god, it mortifying.

That is literally me! Having to ask people to repeat stuff and the mind going blank. It’s awful. No clue how to get over this one !
Pages: 1 [2] 3