Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evirel conti, mood swings & anxiety  (Read 954 times)

Cab6

Evirel conti, mood swings & anxiety
« on: November 01, 2022, 02:13:53 PM »

Hi all, I've been on Evorel conti for 3 months, they've stopped the hot flushes & helped with VA along with estradiol cream. I'm now getting a light bleed every 2 weeks & feel like I'm fluctuating between feeling low & irritable to bad anxiety when I change the patch. Some of my VA pain is starting to creep back too.  It seems as though they're no longer working well for me.  I suspect the Progesterone part doesn't suit me. Anyone else had similar experience?

Flossieteacake

Re: Evirel conti, mood swings & anxiety
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 02:20:50 PM »

It is common to have difficulty with progesterone and need to try out others. With the estradiol cream, are you using it daily and inserting as well as applying to the outer area? That will help the VA. It may be worth asking to try a different HRT. I am sure other members will have suggestions for that.

Cab6

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 02:26:30 PM »

Thank you for replying, I'm using the cream twice a day on the outside area only.  Yes think I may need to try a different combination of hrt.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 02:46:42 PM »

Thank you for replying, I'm using the cream twice a day on the outside area only.  Yes think I may need to try a different combination of hrt.

I think it will help you a lot to use it on the inner area too. If you are concerned about inserting it then you may find using your little finger a bit easier.

Cab6

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 10:02:53 PM »

That's really helpful, thank you X

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 07:24:08 AM »

feel like I'm fluctuating between feeling low & irritable to bad anxiety

Hi Cab6. The Norethisterone in Evorel can cause these symptoms in some women. Wth me it felt like constant PMT. I agree with flossieteacake that a change of progesterone could help. I changed to FemSeven but I'm not sure if that's available at the moment. Have a look at the various types of HRT available listed in the menu at the top of the screen.

Taz x

Cab6

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2022, 12:09:29 PM »

Thanks Taz, yes it's how I feel, it does sound as though it's the progesterone.  My gp only offered an alternative of utrogestan to take alongside oestrogen gel as an alternative to the eveorel conti. I'll have a look at some others, thank you X