Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Estradiol cream  (Read 834 times)

whitestrand

Estradiol cream
« on: October 19, 2022, 09:14:32 AM »

Hi. Does anyone know if you can get Estradiol cream in Spain and if so what name is it called there. Tia :) :)

Mary G

Re: Estradiol cream
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 07:10:53 PM »

If you mean systemic HRT then the Spanish equivalent of Oestrogel is called Oestraclin and it comes in a tube in a red and white box.  I use it myself and it can be bought over the counter for about €14.00 - I'm afraid the price has increased recently.

If you mean vaginal cream then it's the same ie Ovestin or Vagifem.

whitestrand

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 01:58:33 PM »

Thank you. I was looking for Estradiol as opposed to estriol cream (estriol cream here is usually ovestin)

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 06:47:08 PM »

Oestraclin gel is estradiol.   I bought some today and it cost €14.05.

Joaniepat

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2022, 09:10:08 PM »

Are you looking for estradiol cream as local oestrogen treatment for VA? To the best of my knowledge this is what is used in the US (estriol not being licensed there)  and I don't think I have heard of an estradiol cream available in Europe. The usual estradiol products we have available for VA are pessaries or the Estring. I suggest you enquire on the private Vaginal Atrophy Facebook support group. It is UK based but has an international membership and somebody there will surely have the answer.
JP x

whitestrand

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 08:32:19 AM »

Thank you Mary g. Yes joaniepat, I am suffering from VA and saw that Jane Lewis (my vaginal menopause) had found help with the estring and Estradiol cream but I didn't know a brand name. Thanks everyone for replies. I will try get it in Lanzarote  :)

Joaniepat

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2022, 02:12:40 PM »

Jane Lewis will have used an estriol cream, either Ovestin or the weaker generic version. The Estring device and Vagifem pessaries both contain estradiol. Estradiol internally plus an estriol cream for the labia is a good combination. (I don't know what might be available in Lanzarote, though.)
JP x