Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hi I’m new to this, I had a hysterectomy in March and have been left on my own ,  (Read 2170 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Tnx Taz

You may be asked to see your GP who will check how well you're recovering.  Who would make the decision ......... the Consultant should follow up for at least 6 weeks after major surgery  >:(

Ayesha

The problem CLKD, is that key-hole surgery is not classed as major, and a consultant won’t necessarily want to see you unless there are specific reasons to do so. But a follow up phone call from the hospital department that dealt with the surgery should have happened.
It’s what occurred in our experience after surgery the both of us went through in recent times, the phone calls were reassurance that things are OK and questions could be asked if needed.

It feels so wrong that something ‘major’ like a hysterectomy no matter the type of procedure, should be ignored as in Angela’s case. I hope she is doing well and getting it all sorted!   

angela2807

• First Flush

Hi all thank you so much for your messages and support, I had my appointment on Saturday and the doctor was lovely she listened to both myself and my husband, we took the advice given and wrote a list of things and passed it to her, she has now put me on the gel instead of the tablets to see if that helps me better (fingers crossed) I also have a follow up appointment in 4 weeks to see how I’m getting on. I did feel so much better just having someone listen to me and tell me I wasn’t going mad lol, we did tell her about the other doctor being horrible and she made a note of it and wasn’t surprised when we mentioned her name. She also showed us the notes she had made regarding my appointment so we did feel reassured she had listened. X

Taz2

I'm so pleased to read this. Don't forget to let us know how you get on.

Taz x  :foryou:

Ayesha

So pleased to read your update, Angela. Things seem to be working out for you and interesting the horrible doctor is 'known about'.

Best of luck with your ongoing treatment.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Tnx for the update.  It is surprising how better we feel once we have been listened to

:medal: for that GP!

angela2807

• First Flush

Being listened to does make such a difference, it also was nice that when I said I had joined this group she knew about it and said it was a good thing as it’s easier to talk to people who are going through the similar things and she recommended this and other groups, she was so understanding, I don’t think there is a quick fix but it’s the start of me feeling better than I do now, hopefully xxx
Pages: 1 [2]