Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Jaydess Coil  (Read 935 times)

Beachcombers

• First Flush
Jaydess Coil
« on: October 13, 2022, 09:35:08 PM »

Hello, I’m 6 months into my HRT journey and struggling to find a regime that helps.  I’m not feeling quite as bad as I was before HRT but it’s not much better.  I suspect I am progesterone intolerant and have discussed this with my GP - she recommends I have a mirena coil fitted as the amount of progesterone will be less (she says 75% less).  I’m just wondering if a Jaydess coil would mean even less progesterone?  Or do the NHS only offer mirena coils?

Marchlove

Re: Jaydess Coil
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 09:45:38 PM »

Welcome beachcomber

I’m sorry but I don’t know if the nhs only offer the mirena coil.
My understanding is, that yes the Jaydess offers a lot less.

Hopefully others will be along soon with better information.

Welcome once again

M x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 11:59:38 PM »

It's worth asking your gp. It's more expensive than a mirena so not usually prescribed unless there's a good reason for it. I think it only lasts 3 years.

Perinowpost

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 07:37:51 AM »

Hi Beachcombers

I tried to go down this route as I am progesterone intolerant but failed. The nhs won’t sanction the jaydess for protection and push the mirena. I would be careful if the mirena if you are prog intolerant, I stuck with it for 6 months but had to have it removed as it was just too much for me. Sorry I don’t have better news. Progesterone intolerance is a hard one. 10 years on I am still struggling with it x