Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: HRT and anger  (Read 802 times)

Justkeepswimmin

• First Flush
HRT and anger
« on: October 17, 2022, 04:57:48 PM »

Recently increased from 0.1 (was on this for 6 months) to 0.15 estradiol patches. I was still having hot flushes (not full-on sweats, just heat waves), some vaginal dryness, etc. Have been feeling more angry and down. Is this likely to just be the “adjustment” period or does this mean it’s too much? I’ve been on it a couple weeks. NP telling me to wait it out which is fine…if it really is likely to settle down. Still feel pretty hot. Vaginal dryness a bit better. Also on oral progesterone 100mg daily (x6 months) and Effexor 37.5mg (x2+months). Thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT and anger
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 06:03:46 PM »

Firstly - R U using anything for vaginal dryness?  Do read our thread/s on the condition, appropriate treatment really helps.   VA can mimic repeated urine infection-type symptoms  ::)

MayB the hike is too much all at once if it's every night?  How about every 3rd night initially to see how you feel?

Justkeepswimmin

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 06:43:26 PM »

I have read that, thank you.

I’m doing the patch - my NP has me changing it every 3 days instead of every 3.5 as the levels seem to drop off too quickly. If I accidentally go 4 days on a patch, I’ll have a period.  That was part of why she had me increase the dose, trying to keep me from being “on the edge” of too little all the time.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 06:44:42 PM »

I had rages B4 a period began  >:( which were definitely hormonal.  DH would usually be aware B4 I put 2 and 2 together  ::)