Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan and Bladder Problems  (Read 762 times)

ameliabadelia

• First Flush
Utrogestan and Bladder Problems
« on: October 17, 2022, 01:06:59 PM »

Hi everyone - I hope there’s someone who can offer some advice as my GP is stumped!

I have had a Mirena coil for quite a while and was using an Evorel oestrogen patch and recently moved to Oestrogel.

My problems have all started in the last few weeks when I had my Mirena coil removed as it expired and I have switched to Utrogestan 100ncg.

Since taking utrogestan  I am experiencing terrible urine leaks and my bladder permanently feels as if I need to go - I am having to get up 3 times in the night as well!   I know it’s the utrogestan as the nights I try not to take it it doesn’t happen!

Does this settle down or am I going to permanently feel like this?  I am terrified and getting miserable about it.

Any suggestions?   I’d be so grateful

Thank you.

discogirl

Re: Utrogestan and Bladder Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 01:55:12 PM »

Hi ameliabadelia,

I'm so sorry your feeling like this, you have my sympathy.

I've never had the mirena coil fitted, I take utrogestan PV and have had no issues regarding urine leakage.

I'm wondering, could it be anything to do with having had the mirena coil removed? Or possibly anything to do with low oestrogan?

I'm sure someone will be along to answer your problems, hope you get this sorted xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 02:33:59 PM »

Bet you feel miserable!

It may be vaginal atrophy due to a drop in oestrogen levels.  VA mimics repeated urine infection-type symptoms really really well. 

Why did U not have another Mirena?  Did U have a good result previously ?

You may like to ask your GP for appropriate VA treatment - you don't need an exam or blood tests.  Or you could self refer to a physiotherapist interested in womens health.

let us know how you get on.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 03:11:28 PM »

Hello ameliabadelia and welcome. Utrogestan can make a person need to urinate more and some say it feels they cannot empty their bladder. I personally would not use it. If the mirena was okay for you then perhaps it would be an idea to try that again.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 03:41:04 PM »

I have to press my belly to fully empty my bladder.  VA treatment relieves the constant feeling of the need2P!