Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Autumn Covid Booster Side Effects….  (Read 12569 times)

Aprilflower

Re: Autumn Covid Booster Side Effects….
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2022, 12:04:11 PM »

I've still not booked mine, I'm so worried about this 4th booster after being ill with the last one. I've been looking back to my WhatsApp conversations with my family and I was ill for 4 days, but was ill 10 days with Covid just before Christmas. Also I had to have an ECG because of palpatations after Covid and strange brusing that just appeared for no reason.
Logically I should be more worried about Covid but my brains not thinking logically and I'm anxious about the risk of myocarditis with this Moderna vaccine, would feel better if I knew it was Pfizer again but you cant choose.

Anyone got some reassuring words in favour of this jab, all I'm hearing is negative at the moment and alot of people saying they're not having any more.
I'm scared to have it but also scared if i don't!

My third one was Moderna.  Felt unwell straight after  a doctor sat with me for half an hour before they let me home.  Continued to have 'turns' everyday for two and a half weeks.  After that at a decreasing rate for six months.  The last one was at the beginning of June. 

Doctor at the vac centre suspected a panic attack but I've had those for years and this was very different.  I eventually used an oxymeter during I turn, and discovered my heart rate dropped to 60 (normally 70 resting) and was irratic. 

Consequently I will definitely not be having any more Covid vacs.  I had Covid two weeks ago and it was no more than a mild cold.  For me the vac is more of a worry the the illness..

Pauline67

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2022, 12:58:59 PM »

Hello dierdre,
I'm not sure if your in the UK but when I booked mine on the NHS site I had a choice of places to go to so I just rang them.   The first I rang was pzfiser so I just booked it. 

Dierdre

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2022, 01:55:55 PM »

Aprilflower, did you not report these turns to your doctor or anyone? Hope you're ok now. Do you think your mild dose of covid
was because you had the vaccine though?

Thanks Pauline67, I might do that, I was ill with the Pfizer booster last time but not as serious as Aprilflower's side effects. I definately don't want the Moderna.  I wonder whats in that one that causes heart problems that's not in the Pfizer, or maybe it is, who knows!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 07:18:42 AM by Dierdre »

Dierdre

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2022, 10:02:14 AM »

Just done some research and both Moderna and Pfizer have rare myocarditis side effect listed.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2022, 11:42:50 AM »

All medications have side effects. 

We've been fine other than the snuffles .  The ache in the jabbed arm has eased although the area itches.  I've been putting hand cream on it.

Dierdre

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2022, 12:14:47 PM »

I wish we would hear more from those that are fine and less of the horror stories, ignorance is sometimes bliss, it would encourage more to have the boosters. Just hearing the awful reactions is putting people off. Having said that, I know serious side effects are rare but when you or your loved ones are the rare one it happens to, the "benefits" become irrelevant.

Also I realise all medications and vaccines have side effects but most are not causing serious life threatening issues these covid vaccines have caused and even death. Just because it's a few shouldn't mean it's OK.
They are still all under emergency licence and are still being reviewed and tested and yes they have saved thousands of lives but it don't make them less scary for some people to take.

I'm one of those people who hate taking a paracetamol (took me years to be ok taking local estrogen), so these vaccines have been  a big thing for me to do and although I do always have them it takes me weeks to talk myself into it, its getting harder each time.

I've had covid twice now but that wasn't my choice to make, so it seemed less stressful than having the jabs, if that makes sense...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 12:23:29 PM by Dierdre »

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2022, 01:52:35 PM »

It does make sense. However, it isn't known how long effects from the Virus last or indeed, how long immunity lasts after the boosters. 

Which leads me to explain that no one with symptoms should be jabbed, vaccines should be given to healthy people/animals!  Especially if 1 has underlying health conditions, this should be discussed in detail prior to acceping vaccines etc.. 

It was a bit like a supermarket when we went, all lined up in a row  >:(

Marchlove

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2022, 03:34:34 PM »

I watched all of the debate in parliament on Monday about covid vaccine safety and injuries.
Very interesting, but was dismayed to see how few MP’s bothered to turn up despite numerous requests from their constituents to do so.
Still, Monday was a busy day for them I suppose  :-\

JoJo42

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2022, 04:37:49 PM »

Well….had a Pfizer booster this morning and have felt ok so far. Last time I had a booster vaccine I started with the chills in the middle of the night so I’ll just have to see how it goes.

Husband also had Pfizer this morning and has been absolutely fine so far. Feels great. He was outside in the garden this afternoon doing some jobs!!

Spoke to another older couple yesterday when I was out for a walk and they had both had Moderna without any problems at all. Their son and daughter in law were out with them and they’d both caught covid a few weeks ago and were both very ill. My husband has copd and diabetes and all along it has worried me me that i could catch covid and give it to him. No one knows how they’ll be affected by the vaccines or by covid do they. Although my husband hasn’t been affected by any of the vaccines up to now! Hopefully we’ll both be ok.

CLKD

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2022, 05:06:16 PM »

Well done U!  Take some Paracetamol on your way to bed to ease any aches and pains that may happen.  Keep well hydrated.  Better to have a few side effects than Covid with the risk of passing it on.  Both will benefit if the Virus does get you having been boostered. 

EmC

• First Flush
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2022, 05:08:45 PM »

My first 2 were Astra Zeneca, third one last year was Moderna and I had another Moderna for my booster about 3 weeks ago.
I felt a bit drowsy and under the weather for 48hrs with the first AZ jab but nowhere near as bad as when I had a typhoid & diphtheria vaccination for travelling.
Apart from that, the only other side affect I’ve had is a slightly tender arm for the others but that only lasted a couple of days.

JoJo42

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2022, 05:30:40 PM »

Now that is a good idea CLKD!! I’ll take some before bed. I was feeling anxious about the jab, but like you say - better to have some side effects than get Covid and pass it on. Just hope it doesn’t get too rough in the night! Urrghh. Fingers-crossed. Send positive vibes! xxx

The couple I spoke to that caught covid a few weeks ago and had it bad said they thought they were probably just at the tail end of their last booster protection when they caught it. The woman said she honestly felt that if she hadn’t had her jabs, and had at least some protection, she would’ve ended up in hospital. She still sounded a bit chesty when I saw her and that was a few weeks after the virus.

Dierdre

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2022, 08:49:24 PM »

I watched all of the debate in parliament on Monday about covid vaccine safety and injuries.
Very interesting, but was dismayed to see how few MP’s bothered to turn up despite numerous requests from their constituents to do so.
Still, Monday was a busy day for them I suppose  :-\

Just read this debate online, sounds like there's a lot more injuries and deaths caused from the vaccine people know about.

A lot of unanswered questions..

JoJo42

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2022, 09:53:14 AM »

Felt fine all day yesterday. Took paracetemol before bed. No chills/fever in the night or severe joint pains like I had with the Az. Slept ok. Nothing to report apart from a bit of a heavy feeling in the muscle in my arm. Been out for a walk and now feeling tired, but that’s probably just my battery running a bit flat now with the M.E/CFS. Will rest today and take it easy. Hope everyone else doing ok. x

CLKD

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2022, 10:06:24 AM »

I was about to ask the question: Did U sleep JoJo42?

I think more will become known as research becomes available.  My wonder is how long B4 boosters get on top of Covid ..........
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7