Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: For women who need more than 100mcg oestrogen  (Read 663 times)

Dandelion

For women who need more than 100mcg oestrogen
« on: October 17, 2022, 09:48:44 AM »

Hi

I started evorel a few years ago, from 25mcg to 100mcg.
I had all the usual symptoms including IBS, they wanted to do a colonoscopy, but the 100mcg patch took the IBS away.
Due to bleeding, under medical supervision, I gradually cut my evorel down to 25mcg, and the only symptom that came back was night sweats.
Now they have all come back, I don't get horrible flushes like I did, but I have had IBS ages, sweats, mood problems etc.
I did not realise meno symptoms could come back once on the right hrt.
I went up in dose and am now on 100mcg, and the sweats, IBS and low mood is still here.
The GP wants to do a colonoscopy so I have avoided them, as I don't want that, when I just need the right dose of HRT
Dr Currie knows I have gone up in dose, but not my own doctor.
I think I need more than 100mcg this time.
I know some other women need more than 100mcg, please can you post your experiences on here.
Thanks

Dotty

Re: For women who need more than 100mcg oestrogen
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 09:57:12 AM »

Hi I’m on 4 pumps which is equivalent of 100 patch. But I have a friend who is 68 and is on a 100 patch and half a 25 patch. She needs that much to keep symptoms away .

Dandelion

Re: For women who need more than 100mcg oestrogen
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 10:21:33 AM »

Hi I’m on 4 pumps which is equivalent of 100 patch. But I have a friend who is 68 and is on a 100 patch and half a 25 patch. She needs that much to keep symptoms away .
A few years ago, as soon as I went on 100mcg the IBS and flushes went.
When I was on 75mcg the doctor wanted me to do a colonoscopy but the 100mcg took the bis away.
I don't know why I need more than 100mcg this time. I sweat in bed, and sometimes out of bed and have IBS, I don't want a colonoscopy when all I need is to up my dose till I get rid of symptoms.