Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Tearfullness Evorel conti  (Read 727 times)

Cab6

Tearfullness Evorel conti
« on: October 17, 2022, 07:04:04 PM »

Hi all, just looking for someone with similar experience. I've been on Evorel conti for almost 3 months, it's helped with flushes & atrophy pain but I'm still very emotional at times & burst into tears for the slightest reason. I've seen the practice nurse today who said my only other option is to change to gel & progesterone tablets & take an antidepressant. I've opted to stay on the patches but any advice on the tearfullness would be very welcome. X
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 07:06:20 PM by Cab6 »

Taz2

Re: Tearfullness Evorel conti
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 07:49:02 PM »

Hi. Evorel conti has Norethisterone as its progesterone which can cause low mood in some women. You could change to Evorel sequi which would mean you only use the progesterone for half of the month. Quite a few of us on here have changed back to sequi, even though post menopausal, because of problems with progesterone.This does give a monthly bleed though. The advice to try the gel plus progesterone is good but not your only option. You could use Estradot patches and add in a progesterone if you don't fancy the gel. Have you thought of a Mirena coil for the progesterone element?

There are choices for you and with the right progesterone you may not need anti depressants.

Taz x

chucklesista

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 10:37:20 AM »

Hi CAB 6,

As Taz 2 says it could well be an intolerance to Norethisterone which is causing or exacerbating the tearfulness. Was this an issue for you prior to starting HRT too?  I and others have noted increased emotional fluctuations post-menopause ( for me, crying at stuff I would have found borderline soppy prior to 'the change')

I found evorel conti made me not just tearful but 'wanting to punch everyone and decimate my crockery' angry too. Of course this is just my own experience but once I swapped to oestrogen only patch plus progesterone tablet my mood improved vastly and my plates were safe once more. ;)  I'm on a conti regime as post-menopausal.

I would also say, based purely on my own experience, that the change to my mood when on evorel conti patches was so severe that if I wasn't pretty sure that HRT option had caused it I would definitely have asked for mood-improving meds. It feels as though another hrt option might be worth trying, and as Tz2 says sequi is an option too.

Here's hoping your next combo hits the sweet spot for you.
All best,
Chucklesista x

Cab6

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2022, 12:27:40 PM »

Thank-you both for replies, it's good to know there are other options as practice Nurse only offered one. I was tearful before starting the Evorel conti which I thought was due to low oestrogen but now some days it's worse. I think you're both right re the progesterone. Thank you X