Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Itching has returned  (Read 2558 times)

Flossieteacake

Itching has returned
« on: October 16, 2022, 07:54:13 PM »

Before starting HRT I had extreme itching that was not resolved completely until starting oestrogen patches. I am now on 100 oestrogen patch but for 2the past two weeks the itching has come back. Is it possible I need even more oestrogen? There is no way they will allow me any more as I am not on any progesterone and currently waiting to discuss that on my next appointment.

I take 2 different antihistamines a day, use E45 every day and do not have dry skin. The itching is everywhere but worse in my eyes, scalp and genitals.

Marchlove

Re: Itching has returned
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2022, 08:12:04 PM »

Hi Flossie

Itching is horrid, had it on and off for a few years and yours sounds particularly bad. I think there is an anxiety issue to some degree so acceptance does help.

What’s got on top of it slowly for me was a combination of two things.
Doing research I realised that I was probably  lacking folate so needed to supplement. Not folic acid. A slow introduction is advisable as folate can be a bit excitatory!
I found that using small amounts of folinic acid was sufficient along of course with B12.

Also, as itching is generally an autoimmune response, by reducing my estrogen dosage it lessened.

I now have minimal itching.

This is my experience Flossie, I do so hope you find your balance with this.

M x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2022, 08:19:40 PM »

Hi Flossie

Itching is horrid, had it on and off for a few years and yours sounds particularly bad. I think there is an anxiety issue to some degree so acceptance does help.

What’s got on top of it slowly for me was a combination of two things.
Doing research I realised that I was probably  lacking folate so needed to supplement. Not folic acid. A slow introduction is advisable as folate can be a bit excitatory!
I found that using small amounts of folinic acid was sufficient along of course with B12.

Also, as itching is generally an autoimmune response, by reducing my estrogen dosage it lessened.

I now have minimal itching.

This is my experience Flossie, I do so hope you find your balance with this.

M x

Thank you very much for replying. Your post has been very helpful. I do take B12 but will look into taking folate. I did try reducing my oestrogen slowly but the VA flared so badly I had to stay in bed. I am pleased your itching has lessened.  :)

Marchlove

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2022, 08:53:21 PM »

Keep trucking Flossie  :-*

Cookie25

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2022, 09:35:24 PM »

Awh Flossie

I can empathise with your story as I too am having troubles with itching and skin crawling.

I'm currently  trying to work out if it's too much or too little oestrogen so am keen to follow your story to see how it resolves for you.

Stick in there!
Cookie25
Xxxxx

Katherine

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022, 05:29:39 AM »

Hi Flossie, I’m sorry to hear about this. I have limited experience with this issue but what I can tell you is that I used to use E45 but the last few times I used it it just made my skin inflamed so I switched to coconut oil based emollients rather than liquid paraffin based ones. My favourite is Weleda white mallow lotion and cream but Faith in Nature unfragranced body lotion is also good. They are pricier but much cheaper when on offer and a little goes a long way. Also Cera Ve moisturising cream I find has a nice cooling effect on the skin. I’m not sure about the oestrogen side of it but I hope this is helpful and I hope you are ok, we are rooting for you. Xxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2022, 11:09:41 AM »

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2022, 11:10:22 AM »

Awh Flossie

I can empathise with your story as I too am having troubles with itching and skin crawling.

I'm currently  trying to work out if it's too much or too little oestrogen so am keen to follow your story to see how it resolves for you.

Stick in there!
Cookie25
Xxxxx

Thank you Cookie. I am sorry you are having the same problem. I really hope you can find a solution.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2022, 11:11:35 AM »

Hi Flossie, I’m sorry to hear about this. I have limited experience with this issue but what I can tell you is that I used to use E45 but the last few times I used it it just made my skin inflamed so I switched to coconut oil based emollients rather than liquid paraffin based ones. My favourite is Weleda white mallow lotion and cream but Faith in Nature unfragranced body lotion is also good. They are pricier but much cheaper when on offer and a little goes a long way. Also Cera Ve moisturising cream I find has a nice cooling effect on the skin. I’m not sure about the oestrogen side of it but I hope this is helpful and I hope you are ok, we are rooting for you. Xxx

Thank you Katherine. This is very helpful. I am happy you have found a way to help your skin. I will look into the products you have suggested.  :)

Minusminnie

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2022, 04:13:07 PM »

Don't let it get you down Flossie.  :) 

I use Simple gentle cleansing shampoo when my head gets itchy on occasion rather than the green apple one i often use.  Realise that is not a huge help though when you are itching elsewhere as well.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2022, 04:15:36 PM »

Don't let it get you down Flossie.  :) 

I use Simple gentle cleansing shampoo when my head gets itchy on occasion rather than the green apple one i often use.  Realise that is not a huge help though when you are itching elsewhere as well.

Thank you Minusminnie. I value your support and experience so your post is a help to me.  :)

discogirl

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2022, 07:19:07 PM »

Before starting HRT I had extreme itching that was not resolved completely until starting oestrogen patches. I am now on 100 oestrogen patch but for 2the past two weeks the itching has come back. Is it possible I need even more oestrogen? There is no way they will allow me any more as I am not on any progesterone and currently waiting to discuss that on my next appointment.

I take 2 different antihistamines a day, use E45 every day and do not have dry skin. The itching is everywhere but worse in my eyes, scalp and genitals.

hi flossieteacake

i just wanted to say im so sorry your suffering with this itching it sounds awful.

although i dont have an answer i just wanted you to know that im thinking of you.

i really hope you find an answer as youve always been there for me.

maybe worth trying the supplement marchlove was mentioning.

feel free to message me anytime xxxxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2022, 07:25:13 PM »

hi flossieteacake

i just wanted to say im so sorry your suffering with this itching it sounds awful.

although i dont have an answer i just wanted you to know that im thinking of you.

i really hope you find an answer as youve always been there for me.

maybe worth trying the supplement marchlove was mentioning.

feel free to message me anytime xxxxx

Aw thank you Discogirl. I appreciate your support.  :)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2022, 09:38:06 AM »

Yesterday I increased my patch to 125 and the itching has almost gone. It is such a relief. Odd I seem to need a lot of oestrogen. I am just glad the itching has gone. :)

Minusminnie

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2022, 09:47:29 AM »

I am worried for you on the progesterone side of things.  Is it long before your next meno appointment ?
Pages: [1] 2 3