Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Breathing difficulties  (Read 3240 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Breathing difficulties
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2022, 07:00:23 PM »

I agree that gps should prescribe inhalers based on symptoms. The one I saw wasn’t my usual gp and said he had a procedure to follow. It makes no sense- giving me one temporary preventative inhaler could have made me feel safe to continue my HRT and avoid these horrible feelings but instead they let you suffer. I mean the inhaler wouldn’t have killed me would it. Oh well, I’m so glad you ladies have rallied round and given me a temporary solution. Xxx

Perhaps you can send a message or ask to talk to your regular GP and say you would like to try the preventative inhaler now? It is not fair you have to wait when you are worried.

Katherine

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2022, 07:07:59 PM »

Hi Flossie, I have an appointment for Tuesday so I will ask her then. X

Flossieteacake

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2022, 08:26:05 PM »

Hi Flossie, I have an appointment for Tuesday so I will ask her then. X

I hope the appointment goes well.

Katherine

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2022, 10:08:16 PM »

Thank you Flossie xxx

Katherine

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2022, 01:43:02 PM »

I ended up taking a utrogestan orally last night when I went to bed as I couldn’t cope any longer. I felt nearly back to normal almost immediately. I’ll still have to sort this out properly with my gp though to ensure I’m not taking any risks.

Discogirl can I ask if you have taken Utrogestan orally before and if so does it feel any different mentally than if you take it vaginally?

discogirl

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2022, 03:43:56 PM »

Hi Katherine,

I only took it orally for about 7 days I would say, as I knew utrogestan had a lot of negative side effects (as well as positive ones) I wanted to keep anything that could disrupt my sleep out of the equation (even though it's meant to help with sleep)
here is a link from MM it's an old post regarding how utro can cause insomnia in some women:

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=50706.0

so when I read that given that since feb my sleep was horrific anyway I didn't want to take the chance so I changed to taking the utro PV in the mornings, as I figured it can get straight to where it's meant to using it PV and in the mornings means there's less chance of any unwanted side effects at night. I don't think the half life of utro is too long.

However having said all that many women take it orally xxxx

Katherine

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2022, 11:30:41 AM »

Hi discogirl, it’s good that you have found the best way of taking utrogestan for you. It seems to be a case of trial and error doesn’t it. I just looked up the half life of utrogestan and I think it said up to 18 hours. I think I am going to trial taking it every other night, I think Marchlove said she does this. Before i started taking utrogestan I felt like I wasn’t going into a deep sleep and waking up I refreshed but utrogestan has made me sleep deep and dream more so it helps me but I think it’s just slightly too high a dose for me. I will check out your link, thanks for all the info and support discogirl. X
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 12:59:44 PM by Katherine »

discogirl

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2022, 11:33:40 AM »

Hi Katherine,

to be honest as my sleep is shocking now, I would love to try utro at night to see if it helps me sleep but after reading those posts I'm too scared to try it, so for now I will keep on taking it PV every morning.

Let me know how you get on taking it every other day, do you take it orally or PV?

xxxx

Katherine

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2022, 01:05:35 PM »

Hi discogirl, I wish I could reassure you about taking utrogestan before bed as it’s been a game changer for me. If I can just get the dose right and sort out my asthma I’m hoping I can continue doing so. I take it orally at the moment. I will let you know how I get on. I’m so sorry your sleep is shocking. I have struggled with insomnia since my teens do I really understand. Even now with Utrogestan if I’m really worried about something I can lie awake for hours. I  went swimming the other night and then slept really well so it seems evening exercise might help me. What did it say about utrogestan in the posts that put you off?

discogirl

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2022, 02:33:30 PM »

hi katherine.

just a few women on the post said that it caused disturbed sleep etc.

however it is meant to relax and help sleep. ive always always slept really well until february that is.

ive just upped my patch from 37.5 to 50 once ive settled on that i may change to taking it PV at night.

i really hope you can get tbe right dose. i hope your asthma improves it must be so frightening.

i really dont know what i'd do without this forum xxxx

Katherine

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2022, 06:36:50 PM »

Same here discogirl, this forum has been hugely helpful to me, not just the info but also the support xxxx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]