Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 2349 times)

discogirl

Anxiety
« on: October 16, 2022, 02:55:38 PM »

Hi all,

I'm on 37.5mcg estraderm patches and I take 100g utro every day vaginally.

I take the utro PV, I prefer it this way as it lessens side effects.

Problem is my anxiety is pretty full on, has been for a while, 24/7, is this anything to do with the utro, as I thought
taking it PV, it wouldn't be?

And if it is the utro could i take it every other day, PV

thanks xx

Flossieteacake

Re: Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2022, 03:05:31 PM »

I am so sorry your anxiety has flared up. It is possible to try a different progesterone? I know that wont be easy as it will mean another change for you. I know some women take ultrogestan as little as they can and have regular scans instead.

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2022, 03:08:41 PM »

hi flossieteacake

lovely to hear from you.

id rather not change the utro just yet and yes i was thinking of every other day with the utro.

i just thought taking it pv would lessen side effects and i dont think the estrogen patches are doung this do you xxxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2022, 03:10:26 PM »

hi flossieteacake

lovely to hear from you.

id rather not change the utro just yet and yes i was thinking of every other day with the utro.

i just thought taking it pv would lessen side effects and i dont think the estrogen patches are doung this do you xxxx

I would not have thought it was the patches. Progesterone often causes anxiety sadly. I can understand you not wanting to try another with all you have been though. Hopefully another member will be along soon with advice on reducing the ultrogestan.  :)

Katherine

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2022, 03:14:24 PM »

Hi discogirl, sorry to hear your anxiety has flared up. HRT didn’t cause anxiety for me as such so I’m not sure how that would affect you. For me I get anxiety when I’m not sleeping well or looking after myself properly or something has happened in the past that I haven’t processed. Actually just remembered I found that when I took oestrogen before bed it made me restless and a bit anxious but when I switched to taking it in the morning I was ok. I’ve only tried utrogestan so I’m not sure about the progesterone…

discogirl

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2022, 03:21:08 PM »

hi flossieteacake

lovely to hear from you.

I would not have thought it was the patches. Progesterone often causes anxiety sadly. I can understand you not wanting to try another with all you have been though. Hopefully another member will be along soon with advice on reducing the ultrogestan.  :)

thanks floosieteacake hope your keeping well xxxx

discogirl

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2022, 03:23:16 PM »

Hi discogirl, sorry to hear your anxiety has flared up. HRT didn’t cause anxiety for me as such so I’m not sure how that would affect you. For me I get anxiety when I’m not sleeping well or looking after myself properly or something has happened in the past that I haven’t processed. Actually just remembered I found that when I took oestrogen before bed it made me restless and a bit anxious but when I switched to taking it in the morning I was ok. I’ve only tried utrogestan so I’m not sure about the progesterone…

hi katherine

im on patches and i change those mornings twice weekly.

im on utro and i take it pv. its probably the utro but i just thought taking it pv would lessen those types of side effects xxxx

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2022, 03:46:32 PM »

Hi it’s likely to be that your oestrogen isn’t high enough and not anything to do with the progesterone. Did you feel anxious before you started HRT? x

discogirl

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2022, 04:14:56 PM »

hi dotty

nice to hear from you.

i did have anxiety before i started hrt yes

xxx

Dotty

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2022, 04:27:13 PM »

Hi if the anxiety was there before hrt then it’s likely to be due to low oestrogen and not a side effect of the progesterone x

discogirl

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2022, 05:05:16 PM »

thanks dotty.

i appreciate that.

i thought it may have been that.

my anxiety has been pretty bad lately.

i really appreciate your and flossieteacakes advice.

you are both always there for me.

i hope you are keeping well dotty xxxx

Dotty

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2022, 05:40:25 PM »

I’m ok thanks Discogirl xx

Katherine

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2022, 05:35:57 AM »

Hi discogirl, have you tried supplementing with magnesium? I find it really does take the edge off anxiety and makes me sleep much better. X

discogirl

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2022, 06:35:11 AM »

Hi katherine,

Yes I've been taking magnesium bisglycinate for quite some time.

It's a very useful supplement.

I find that my anxiety is high during the day, as evening comes it does tend to ease off a bit.

I only take two magnesium before bed, so I do have room to take one during the day if I need to, that is always an option.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it.

I hope you're doing okay xxxx

Katherine

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2022, 07:37:53 AM »

You’re very welcome discogirl, you were there for me when I needed it. I also feel more relaxed in the evenings. I feel most anxious in the morning and by 1pm I feel lots better. I think it might be to do with our cortisol cycles which I think is highest in the morning and then drops as the day goes on. Xxxx
Pages: [1] 2