Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan - Fatigue - Coil Replacement due - long covid  (Read 761 times)

Di941

• First Flush
Utrogestan - Fatigue - Coil Replacement due - long covid
« on: December 07, 2022, 01:03:36 PM »

Hello Everyone
Looking for advice please. I have had long covid for over 2 years and it has seriously messed with my emotions/hormones.  I am 49 so also likely peri-menopausal.  I have been on 2 pumps of Estrogel for about a year, testosterone 3x week for about 3 months and my coil is 4 3/4 years old.  Due to my low moods/tears and query over the effectiveness of the progesterone element of hte mirena coil I started Utrogestan about 2 weeks ago.  I take 100mg orally before bed and man I am exhausted during the day. I feel a bit unenthusiastic (a bit like I felt previously on sertraline - neither up nor down) but the fatigue is killing me.  Long covid causes a little tiredness but nothing like this.  I am due to get my coil changed in 2 weeks time so I am wondering....
Should I stop the Utrogestan when the new coil is fitted?
If I continue with Utrogestan, will the tiredness wear off?
If I change to vaginal administration, does the tiredness still occur?

I did recently increase my Estrogen from 2 pumps to 3 to see if it would help lift my emotions.

Any experience of the above (or similar) , much appreciated.x

sheila99

Re: Utrogestan - Fatigue - Coil Replacement due - long covid
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 10:56:54 AM »

I get fatigue on utro even though I use it vaginally. It doesn't seem to wear off though it is noticeably better when I'm not producing my own progesterone. I use a long cycle (6 weeks) sequi regime because I don't want to be permanently doped. A mirena should last 5 years for hrt so I don't think you need any addition progesterone? And certainly not when you get the new one, the dose in a mirena is already more than you need for hrt. Personally I would stop the utro and if the additional pump of oestrogen doesn't sort it out consider testosterone. Do you have other meno symptoms? Other signs of low testosterone such as low libido?

Clarella

Re: Utrogestan - Fatigue - Coil Replacement due - long covid
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 06:09:07 AM »

I had no issues using vaginally. I seem to tolerate utro orally now I’m on higher oestrogen doses.

I think you’re on testosterone already?