Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: In a Pickle  (Read 757 times)

discogirl

In a Pickle
« on: October 14, 2022, 11:27:19 AM »

Sorry to keep banging on about this.

I was on 37.5 estraderm, so one whole patch and cutting the other one in half. When I ran out, I couldn't get the 25 patches only the 50's.

What I want to know is, I'm cutting a quarter off the patch, but everytime I cut it, it won't be exact, it'll probably be way out at times, isn't this going to mess me up, as I'll be getting different levels of oestrogen every time I put a new patch on.

It seemed easier cutting a 25 patch in half, than trying to cut a corner off the 50's.

I've been contemplating using a ruler, as mad as that sounds.

thanks xxx

Flossieteacake

Re: In a Pickle
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 11:37:14 AM »

It is not mad to use a ruler. You would get precise measurements if you used one. How about asking if you can have 25s instead of the 50s? If they are easier to cut then that would save you some hassle.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 11:40:02 AM »

Did you see the article I posted about how to cut patches ?

discogirl

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 11:46:07 AM »

thanks flossie and yes i did dotty that was helpful.

they dont have any if the 25s in stock.

however what i thought of doing and i dont know if would work is to cut the 50 patch in half stick that on and then cut the other half in half again to make a quarter or would that be too much cutting of the patch xxxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 11:49:37 AM »

thanks flossie and yes i did dotty that was helpful.

they dont have any if the 25s in stock.

however what i thought of doing and i dont know if would work is to cut the 50 patch in half stick that on and then cut the other half in half again to make a quarter or would that be too much cutting of the patch xxxx

That sounds like a great idea! That was clever of you to think of that. I would not have thought of that myself. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2022, 12:16:46 PM »

MayB over the week you will absorb enough to help ?  Especially if your own hormones are evident?

discogirl

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2022, 12:30:01 PM »

thanks flossie you dont think i'd be cutting the patch  too much.

and yes clkd i think 37mcg is for some reason a better dose for me. i can always go up to 50 in time but i just want to take it slow and steady xxx

thanks for your replies i do appreciate it xxxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2022, 01:29:06 PM »

thanks flossie you dont think i'd be cutting the patch  too much.

and yes clkd i think 37mcg is for some reason a better dose for me. i can always go up to 50 in time but i just want to take it slow and steady xxx

thanks for your replies i do appreciate it xxxx

I think trying it out should tell you if this is okay. If your symptoms change then you will know it is not working in the same way. Unless one day you have plenty of time you sit and measure every patch and cut the required amount in advanced. Not something I would look forward to doing. ;D