Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Side effects from patch increase. Bad side effects !  (Read 1050 times)

Tattystarling

• First Flush
Side effects from patch increase. Bad side effects !
« on: October 11, 2022, 02:44:03 PM »

Hello lovely ladies. I’ve been lurking for a while and have to say this forum is just full of such helpful and supportive posts.
I’m post memo at 59. Started hrt about a year ago mostly to deal with joint pain and tingling with some cold and hot flushes plus brain fog.
 Started on evorel conti but found that gave me bad bloating and sore boobs. Changed to estradot 50 and utrogestan 100 around April this year. Worked well for a while but gradually over some months symptoms returned. Initially noticeable the day before I was due to change the patch - which to me signified a ‘running out’. And then just there all the time.

So I thought it worth an experiment to see if 75mcg would help. I only started them last week and it’s been grim. Cold flushes, fatigue  and in the last day upper abdomen spasms. The latter is particularly uncomfortable (no other symptoms with it such as nausea, turning yellow or difference with wee or poo ) 
I know you’re supposed to allow time but I’m already wondering if I’ve made things worse.

Perinowpost

Re: Side effects from patch increase. Bad side effects !
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 04:07:56 PM »

Drop back to a 50 patch as 75 may be too much, and change patch every 3 days instead of 3 1/2 x