Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Cyclogest unavailable?  (Read 1168 times)

Tulip

Cyclogest unavailable?
« on: October 11, 2022, 12:43:12 PM »

Went to get mine yesterday, the pharmacy said they don't know if they can get any more as they're stating 'unobtainable'. Anyone else had this issue?

Kathleen

Re: Cyclogest unavailable?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 04:50:04 PM »

Hello Tulip.

I have recently ordered some Cyclogest and been told it is out of stock at the moment.

I am with Newson Health and I asked if I could substitute with Utrogestan. The person I spoke to wasn't sure but said that if I didn't receive Cyclogest by next week I should ring again and a Dr will advise me about taking Utrogestan instead.

I will update the forum of I find out anything of help.

Take care.

K.

Tulip

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 05:28:44 PM »

Thanks Kathleen.
I can't use utrogestan because of the ingredients, but I've asked for a gel or cream, so hopefully I'll get something before I run out tomorrow!
I don't how long you can safely skip progesterone on continuous HRT, does anyone know?

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 05:51:24 PM »

Tulip….you could use Provera or Norethisterone. There isn’t a progesterone in gel or cream form . x

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 05:55:21 PM »

Hello again Tulip.

I am sorry that Utrogestan isn't an option for you. I suggested it to NH because I happen to have some packets that are still in date and I thought that they would be better than nothing!

I use Sandrena gel continuously and half of a Cyclogest 200mcg pessary every other night. This means that the prog element is already low so I am reluctant to miss any doses.  If you are on a low amount of Oestrogen and a higher amount of prog you may have more flexibility of you need to do without prog for a while.

If Cyclogest is going to be unavailable for a while NH may have some general advice for patients and if I learn anything I will update the forum.

Hopefully other ladies will be along soon to offer advice.

Take care.

K.

Tulip

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2022, 10:33:39 PM »

There is crinone gel, which is body identical, so hopefully they can give me some of that.
I really don't want to have progestogen, mainly because as birth control they really messed me up.

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2022, 07:06:42 AM »

Hi Tulip are you in UK? I don’t think Crinone gel is available in UK or, if it is, it’s not licensed for HRT.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 07:09:19 AM by Dotty »

Tulip

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2022, 09:21:53 PM »

Yes, apparently it's available here, I don't know what website I found it on, but it was definitely a UK one. Fingers crossed! I'll find out tomorrow when I get my script.

Tulip

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2022, 12:04:33 PM »

Update. GP just called, nothing available, she suggested going private, I can't afford that! WTF has happened to the NHS?

Dotty

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2022, 12:28:56 PM »

I don’t think you’d get a progesterone in cream / gel even if you went privately. There aren’t any that are licensed for HRT.

Your options are utrogestan, Provera , norethisterone . I’ll have a look for the document which gives you the options.

Kathleen

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2022, 12:26:00 PM »

Hello again ladies

I ordered my usual 200mcg Cyclogest pessaries through Newson Health but was told they were unavailable. I was then told that 400mcg were now in stock so my NH Dr has suggested I use these and quarter them.

I have now ordered these pessaries and hope to receive them through the post tomorrow.

Perhaps other ladies who need Cyclogest can do a similar thing until the lower dose product is available again.

I hope this is helpful and take care ladies.

K.