Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT Dosage  (Read 822 times)

kittydaydream

HRT Dosage
« on: October 12, 2022, 10:32:24 AM »

Hi All, I hope I can get some help here on HRT dosages! Background..... I am 49, I have rheumatoid arthritis and sjogrens syndrome (both autoimmune diseases) the first of which Ive lived and worked with for 15 years, the second is a recent diagnosis so I dont know if my symptoms are due to that, peri or BOTH?!?

I am no longer able to work as my symptoms are so bad - I have the most vivid dreams that wake me in a panic and then I wake exhausted in the mornings like Ive had no sleep at all, then I have absolutely zero energy, I get diarhea a lot and then having an upset stomach sets anxiety off! I also get palpitations which scare me to death! I have some health anxiety and convince myself I am going to die from bowel cancer or a heart attack even though I've had a 24 heart monitor done and this was fine! I literally just get through each day, my life has completely stopped.

Bloods confirmed perimenopause this time last year and was put on HRT in the form of evorel sequi, this didnt have much effect and I asked for referal to menopause clinic - I was put on utogestran and continuous eostrogen estraderm 50 patches, I feel I got a bit better and had a bit more energy, but then I dipped again, I am now on a Mirena coil and estraderm 75 (2 Months) and I'm not feeling any better! I'm not sure if I need more oestrogen or if I've just not given enough time???

If you read this i thank you and hope you can help advise me xxx

Flossieteacake

Re: HRT Dosage
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 11:22:26 AM »

Hello kittydaydream. I am sorry to hear all that you have had going on. The vivid dreams sound horrible. Could they be a side effect of any medication? I know antidepressants can cause such dreams.

Having an upset stomach could be anxiety but it could also be IBS. I wonder if there are particular foods that trigger the upset stomachs. Perhaps keeping a food diary would tell you more. I know for me I cannot eat beans, onion, garlic, pulses, etc.

How long have you given the Mirena and Estraderm 75? They say to give it 3 months.

kittydaydream

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 11:57:35 AM »

Thank you for your reply! I am on antidepressants so I guess the derams could be that! Sorry I should have said I do get IBS! its just the diarhea got worse but I will try keeping the food diary! I have been on Mirena and Estraderm 75 for 2 months so I guess I should wait another month - I just wondered what Dr would do if there is no improvement after 3 months? increase the estraderm? or I think i read testosterone for chronic fatigue? (i could be wrong off course)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2022, 12:06:56 PM »

Thank you for your reply! I am on antidepressants so I guess the derams could be that! Sorry I should have said I do get IBS! its just the diarhea got worse but I will try keeping the food diary! I have been on Mirena and Estraderm 75 for 2 months so I guess I should wait another month - I just wondered what Dr would do if there is no improvement after 3 months? increase the estraderm? or I think i read testosterone for chronic fatigue? (i could be wrong off course)

That makes a lot of sense then. I am on antidepressants too and my dreams are so vivid I have a hard time knowing which is a dream and which is real.

I have noticed with menopause it makes IBS worse. It is very annoying and it seems more foods trigger it then did before.

As you have been on it for 2 months then you could make an appointment and tell them you have fatigue. I would think after 2 months you will know if it is going to be the right HRT for you.

Could your autoimmune conditions be causing fatigue too? I know rheumatoid arthritis causes fatigue so I just wondered.

If the HRT was not helping then they could increase the estraderm to 100. I know many members are on testosterone too.

kittydaydream

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 01:43:02 PM »

Thank you Flossie, Rheumatoid arthritis has never caused such chronic fatigue so I dont think it can be that, it could be the newly diagnosed sjogrens syndrome but I guess I was hoping its was perimenopause as at least that would have an end date!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2022, 01:51:06 PM »

Thank you Flossie, Rheumatoid arthritis has never caused such chronic fatigue so I dont think it can be that, it could be the newly diagnosed sjogrens syndrome but I guess I was hoping its was perimenopause as at least that would have an end date!

Hopefully it will ease once your hormones are more stable. It does not mean you are always going to feel fatigue at all.