Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Breathing difficulties  (Read 3241 times)

Katherine

Re: Breathing difficulties
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2022, 07:33:40 AM »

Hi discogirl, thank you. I know, it’s quite alarming about not being warned. I might have seen it in the leaflet in the box but I can’t remember, but even so you would assume your gp would check. In future I’ll be checking myself! Xxxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2022, 11:12:52 AM »

Flossie just to let you know I’m not frightened anymore as I am confident it was the Utrogestan that either caused it or greatly aggravated it so as long as I don’t take it I think I’ll be ok. I’m surprised I haven’t had any withdrawal symptoms and actually have more energy. X

I am so happy to read this! Thank goodness you worked out what was causing the breathing difficulty. It is great to hear you have more energy too. :)

Katherine

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2022, 12:30:15 PM »

Thank you Flossie !  :) xxx

Katherine

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2022, 11:30:28 AM »

Hi ladies, it seems my burst of energy was short lived, I am now either having withdrawal symptoms or my old symptoms have come back but are worse. I feel physically and mentally exhausted, achy, hot, anxious and low.

I saw a gp a few days ago and asked him to prescribe a preventer inhaler but he refused and said I need to see an asthma nurse first but my appointment is in 2 weeks.

In the middle of the night I took 2 pumps of estrogel and immediately felt a bit better but that was short lived. I am thinking of risking it and taking a utrogestan every other night so I can take the estrogel as I can’t function and in bed for 2 days. I have an appointment with my usual female go next week so I’m hoping she can help me out of this situation.

In the meantime could anyone tell me my other options for taking progesterone and their possible side effects so I’m prepared for my gp appointment? I was thinking one option is to take my blue inhaler before bed to reduce chances of an asthma attack. Xxx

Kathleen

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2022, 12:54:55 PM »

Hello Katherine.

I know nothing of asthma but I can suggest  Cyclogest as a different progesterone. It is a waxy pessary that is usually used for fertility treatment and comes in strengths of 200mcg or 4000mcg. I have been using this instead of Utrogestan which I have taken orally and vaginally in the past.

There may be a problem in that I am with a private menopause clinic and your GP may not be able to prescribe Cyclogest for the menopause. Perhaps an alternative will be available to try however.

I hope this is of some help and I wish you well.

K.

Katherine

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2022, 01:33:07 PM »

Hi kathleen, thank you for the information and your good wishes. X

Flossieteacake

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2022, 01:37:19 PM »

Oh no! I am sorry the symptoms returned. The blue inhaler will not prevent any asthma. It is helpful for when the asthma symptoms are present. You need an actual preventative inhaler. How annoying you have to wait for 2 weeks to see the nurse. I guess they want to test your peak flow by breathing into one of those breath tests.

Katherine

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2022, 04:16:23 PM »

Hi Flossie, yes, they are going to do some tests. I wonder why gps will prescribe a blue inhaler without tests but not a preventative one.

discogirl

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2022, 05:15:33 PM »

Hi ladies, it seems my burst of energy was short lived, I am now either having withdrawal symptoms or my old symptoms have come back but are worse. I feel physically and mentally exhausted, achy, hot, anxious and low.

I saw a gp a few days ago and asked him to prescribe a preventer inhaler but he refused and said I need to see an asthma nurse first but my appointment is in 2 weeks.

In the middle of the night I took 2 pumps of estrogel and immediately felt a bit better but that was short lived. I am thinking of risking it and taking a utrogestan every other night so I can take the estrogel as I can’t function and in bed for 2 days. I have an appointment with my usual female go next week so I’m hoping she can help me out of this situation.

In the meantime could anyone tell me my other options for taking progesterone and their possible side effects so I’m prepared for my gp appointment? I was thinking one option is to take my blue inhaler before bed to reduce chances of an asthma attack. Xxx

Hi Katherine,

I'm so sorry you're having problems again. Is it the breathing difficulties again?

Sorry if I asked you this before, but have you tried utro before vaginally ? I take it vaginally and I take it first thing in the morning, I wonder if this may help.

I do hope you get sorted, I can imagine how anxious this must make you. It may be a good idea to try taking your blue inhaler before bed if you can take the inhaler this way xxxx

Katherine

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2022, 05:30:50 PM »

Hi discogirl, I stopped taking my HRT abruptly after the breathing episode last Wednesday and in the last 2 days been feeling rotten which I think is due to the hormonal shift combined with my personal problems. I haven’t got breathing difficulties now but I darent take my HRT incase it causes the breathing episode to happen again. I can’t see my gp either until next week so I’m in limbo at the moment. Anyway I have coped by not doing anything today at all and just avoided life.

I haven’t taken utrogestan vaginally no, I’m not sure that would reduce the risk as it’s still going in your body and bloodstream? Do you feel different when you take it vaginally?

My gp told me to take anti histamines every day to help my asthma. Flossie says taking the blue inhaler won’t prevent an attack.

Thanks so much for posting. It’s not like me to not function. I’m determined to resume life again tomorrow. I might try taking my oestrogen and the utrogestan vaginally in the morning like you said then if it causes asthma at least I will be awake and prepared.

discogirl

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2022, 05:37:01 PM »

Hi discogirl, I stopped taking my HRT abruptly after the breathing episode last Wednesday and in the last 2 days been feeling rotten which I think is due to the hormonal shift combined with my personal problems. I haven’t got breathing difficulties now but I darent take my HRT incase it causes the breathing episode to happen again. I can’t see my gp either until next week so I’m in limbo at the moment. Anyway I have coped by not doing anything today at all and just avoided life.

I haven’t taken utrogestan vaginally no, I’m not sure that would reduce the risk as it’s still going in your body and bloodstream? Do you feel different when you take it vaginally?

My gp told me to take anti histamines every day to help my asthma. Flossie says taking the blue inhaler won’t prevent an attack.

Thanks so much for posting. It’s not like me to not function. I’m determined to resume life again tomorrow. I might try taking my oestrogen and the utrogestan vaginally in the morning like you said then if it causes asthma at least I will be awake and prepared.

Hi Katherine,

Firstly, if you feel you need to take time out, go with the flow. Life is so fast paced now, we all have to work hard at relaxing.

The antihistamine sounds like a good idea.

I do find taking the utro PV and in the morning helps, I try and push it as far as I can (sorry for tmi) and I sit down for about half an hour and I try to use the loo before I put the utro in. And as you say if you do take the utro this way and in the morning then at least you'll be awake if anything does happen.

One thing I have learned with hrt is you can't rush it and I do need to give things time; patience is not easy for me!!!

Keep in touch Katherine, all the very best xxx

Katherine

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2022, 06:16:16 PM »

Hi Discogirl, I think you are right about the relaxing. I will try taking my HRT the same way as you in the morning. No, not tmi, I need all the help I can get. I think something good has come out of this. I didn’t think my HRT was doing much and didn’t know if I was doing the right thing taking it but now I know how much it was doing and that I do need it. I think I must have changed my mind about HRT several times now in a few months! Oh well I guess it’s all learning.

discogirl

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2022, 06:23:52 PM »

i think the problem is the lack of information from gp's.

all my information i got from this site.

i do find tbe way and time i take the utro very helpful and apparantely it doesnt matter when you take it so long as you make sure its far enough up and try to use loo beforehand.

as with anything it does take time for the body to get used to hrt. i think the mistake i made was not giving things enough time.

keep in touch katherine xxxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2022, 06:38:13 PM »

It it worth trying the blue inhaler before bed to see if it can help. It will not do any harm. I think the GP may want you to have an appointment for the preventative inhaler as it is stronger. I personally think they should go by your symptoms. I got mine with a phone appointment and bought a peak flow test to give them the readings. I think all GPs have different ideas.

Discogirls suggestion of trying the ultrogestan vaginally is worth a try. It may be a way you can take it without getting the breathing difficulties. I would give it a go just to check.

I find often with medications we may not be aware of how they were helping until we stop them. At least you now know HRT is benefiting you.

Katherine

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2022, 06:54:46 PM »

I agree that gps should prescribe inhalers based on symptoms. The one I saw wasn’t my usual gp and said he had a procedure to follow. It makes no sense- giving me one temporary preventative inhaler could have made me feel safe to continue my HRT and avoid these horrible feelings but instead they let you suffer. I mean the inhaler wouldn’t have killed me would it. Oh well, I’m so glad you ladies have rallied round and given me a temporary solution. Xxx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4