Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Breathing difficulties  (Read 3234 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Breathing difficulties
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2022, 06:14:29 PM »

Thank you so much ladies I really find comfort in your replies. My partner is here now and I already feel better. I will look up your medication discogirl. Xx

I hope you get a good sleep. Sleep well.  :)

discogirl

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2022, 06:46:48 PM »

anything else i can help with please let me know xxxx

Katherine

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2022, 07:02:35 PM »

Thank you xxxx

Katherine

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2022, 08:44:07 AM »

Hi ladies, just to let you know I feel better today and nothing bad happened last night. My partner took me out for a meal to take my mind off it and I didn’t take my utrogestan last night. Although I did keep waking up I do like the feeling of not feeling so sedated in the morning and also I’m taking big deep breaths again instead of shallow breathing. I want to try coming off HRT for now as I still have regular periods and I want to see if my symptoms of falling oestrogen are actually better than my HRT side effects. Mind you I did say this a few months ago and couldn’t manage to withdraw from utrogestan, but time will tell! I think it’s trial and error really as everyone seems to be affected differently. Xxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2022, 10:43:20 AM »

Thank you for the update. I am relieved to hear last night was better for you. I do not like feeling sedated either so I totally understand what you are saying.

Katherine

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2022, 11:58:02 AM »

Thank you Flossieteacake, I'm so glad you and discogirl were there for me yesterday. I am going to try and be there for others more on here from now on. I have limited knowledge but will help when I can. x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2022, 12:45:28 PM »

You are so welcome. Please do not feel any pressure to support others. I know when struggling sometimes that can be difficult and that is totally fine. :)

discogirl

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2022, 03:20:01 PM »

Hi ladies, just to let you know I feel better today and nothing bad happened last night. My partner took me out for a meal to take my mind off it and I didn’t take my utrogestan last night. Although I did keep waking up I do like the feeling of not feeling so sedated in the morning and also I’m taking big deep breaths again instead of shallow breathing. I want to try coming off HRT for now as I still have regular periods and I want to see if my symptoms of falling oestrogen are actually better than my HRT side effects. Mind you I did say this a few months ago and couldn’t manage to withdraw from utrogestan, but time will tell! I think it’s trial and error really as everyone seems to be affected differently. Xxx

I'm glad you were better last night.

Well, keep coming on here as this site is not just for women who take HRT but for all women undergoing peri or menopause.

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on xxx

Katherine

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2022, 04:42:54 PM »

Thanks ladies I will definitely keep coming back here whatever happens xxx

Katherine

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2022, 01:11:13 PM »

Hi again ladies, I’ve done a bit of research and it seems that utrogestan  can aggravate asthma and apparently you need supervision while taking it if you have asthma. Forgive me if I’ve said this already my mind is about goldfish like right now! Anyway I haven’t had utrogestan for 3 nights now and I’ve had no withdrawal symptoms so far this time, in fact I feel better as I feel like I’m now breathing fuller deeper breaths and am less tired. I hope it continues! I have joined a gym to try and improve my fitness and try and avoid losing lung capacity. Does anyone know if I can continue with estradiol vaginal tabs if I’m not taking progesterone?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2022, 02:06:13 PM »

You can use V.A treatment without progesterone. Thank goodness you realised it was the ultrogestan that was aggravated your asthma. Sad how doctors do not read our medical history before dispensing medication.

Katherine

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2022, 05:37:07 PM »

I know, I am cross that I was not warned it was a risk, I will never forget that asthma attack, it’s like nothing I’ve ever experienced before and to be honest I feel lucky to be alive.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2022, 05:58:36 PM »

I know, I am cross that I was not warned it was a risk, I will never forget that asthma attack, it’s like nothing I’ve ever experienced before and to be honest I feel lucky to be alive.

It is appalling you had to go through that. I remember how frightened you have been of having more breathing difficulties.

Katherine

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2022, 05:43:54 AM »

Flossie just to let you know I’m not frightened anymore as I am confident it was the Utrogestan that either caused it or greatly aggravated it so as long as I don’t take it I think I’ll be ok. I’m surprised I haven’t had any withdrawal symptoms and actually have more energy. X

discogirl

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2022, 06:36:28 AM »

I'm glad you managed to find out what was causing it Katherine.

It does take away the fear when you know what's causing it.

I'm surprised your gp didn't flag this up mind.

xxxx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4