Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 2345 times)

Gnatty

Re: Anxiety
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2022, 08:39:38 AM »

I would echo what Dotty has said - that is a low dose of oestrogen you are taking and I would bet you are in need of more. x

discogirl

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2022, 10:01:00 AM »

You’re very welcome discogirl, you were there for me when I needed it. I also feel more relaxed in the evenings. I feel most anxious in the morning and by 1pm I feel lots better. I think it might be to do with our cortisol cycles which I think is highest in the morning and then drops as the day goes on. Xxxx

Hi Katherine

Thanks for that.

I think you're right regarding cortisol surges, however mine seems to stay really really high at the moment.

I messed about with my patch strength as well so I donn't think that helped.

we are here for each other xxxx

discogirl

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2022, 10:05:40 AM »

I would echo what Dotty has said - that is a low dose of oestrogen you are taking and I would bet you are in need of more. x

Hi Gnatty,

Dotty has been a great help to me.

I messed about with my patch strength recently, so I don't think that helped things.

I am staying on 37.5mcg for the next couple of months as I don't want to change patch strengths again and just want a bit consistency so I will see how i get on. However, low estrogen does seem to be the culprit.

I want to slowly work my way to 50mcg as I think it would be better for my body.

Thanks so much for your reply Gnatty and I hope you're keeping okay xxx

TM73!

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2022, 09:41:10 AM »

Watching this with interest.  My anxiety is through the roof, especially health anxiety. I am on Evorel 50/Conti. Thought I would be better on HRT, but it doesn't feel like this is the case at all.

AnneS

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2022, 10:16:20 AM »

Hi
Just wanted to say I'm the same as you ... on hrt ( Evorel Conti) but anxiety ( particularly health anxiety) is currently through the roof ! No advice for you unfortunately but just know you are are definitely not alone in this ! Xx

Nik2502

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2022, 03:35:19 PM »

Ladies

My anxiety has been awful. Doctor advised increasing oestrogen. Felt worse. Did some research about progesterone and decided to increase it. I honestly feel 100% better today! I slept well and feel calmer. I’ll try and link the article from the neuroscientist about progesterone.

Xx

Kathleen

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2022, 09:55:39 AM »

Hello ladies.

Nik2502 -  thank you for reporting a very interesting finding.

If you can provide any more information about the article that would be excellent and my appreciated.

Take care and wishing you well.

K.

G

• First Flush
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2022, 10:43:57 AM »

Gosh so nice to read it isn't just me! Do you find that is worse in the mornings? The mornings are awful for me with anxiety and palpitations, feeling of impending doom etc. Just horrible. Just started HRT so hoping it might help? I and on one pill with both hormones and testosterone. Fingers crossed!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2022, 11:23:34 AM »

I had bad cortisol surges which would wake me any time after 3.15 a.m.  Leaving me intensely, prehensile frightened.  Couldn't. move initially then had to get dressed and sit in the lounge; staring at the fire place.   :'(. In 2002 GP gave me Propranolol which helped for years.

G

• First Flush
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2022, 02:31:40 PM »

Yes I am waking really early too. As you say then just horrible feelings and just staring at the tv wishing them to pass. Crying for no reason, don't think it helps that it is getting colder now and it is dark in the early hours so you feel so alone. I know if I woke my partner he would sit with me in a heartbeat but what do you say? I am scared feel awful and exhausted and I cannot tell you why.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2022, 02:32:48 PM »

Hormonal upheaval G.  So many coursing through the body which becomes upset during peri-menopause. 

2cats

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2022, 08:08:46 AM »

Ladies

My anxiety has been awful. Doctor advised increasing oestrogen. Felt worse. Did some research about progesterone and decided to increase it. I honestly feel 100% better today! I slept well and feel calmer. I’ll try and link the article from the neuroscientist about progesterone.

Xx
This is really interesting Nik2502, which progesterone are you taking and how much did you increase it by?
I’d be very interested to read the article .
Thanks
2cats

Booroo

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2022, 10:52:33 AM »

G
Absolutely with you on that
Pages: 1 [2]