Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: hi everyone newbie to here  (Read 1022 times)

cozz67

• First Flush
hi everyone newbie to here
« on: October 23, 2022, 04:42:37 PM »

hello all my names corrine and im 55 ive recently started hrt, i have given up trying to get any help from my gp and basically have to suggest to him if i can try different hrts, the frustration and complete loneliness i feel trying to deal with finding answers and help is insane , my partner thinks im going mad when i laugh at yet another stupid thing ive done or words and names i forget but if you dont laugh you cry right  :-\ i could write an essay on how i feel as im sure you all could and finding this site and reading some of the posts have helped alot knowing you all will understand ....

Flossieteacake

Re: hi everyone newbie to here
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 04:53:11 PM »

Hello Corrine and welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place. Menopause can be so lonely and confusing. You may like to ask your GP to refer you to an NHS menopause clinic as they will be able to help you more with your HRT.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 05:01:28 PM »

Hi cozz67

Glad you’ve found us.  :welcomemm:

What can I say about GPs? Your lucky to have one that knows anything about meno tbh.
My old GP ( whose left now, went to live in Dubai) took my lead. She was in the same boat as me and knew nothing. So when I went in with suggestions, we’d have a good old discussion about it and she’d look it up.  ;D She was nice tbh. Hope she’s doing ok.
Anyway,  ;D forgetting things and doing stupid things is part of the course, so if YOUR going mad, we all are.  ;D 🤪
Come to think of it, there’s a couple on here who are completely mad!  ;D
Hope everything goes to plan with the hrt, I’m on it too, Femoston conti I’m on. And hope you find some relief from your symptoms soon.
Keep posting, someone’s always on.
Good luck.

Jd xx

cozz67

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2022, 05:02:23 PM »

Thank you for the welcome, my gp appointments are still being conducted over the phone and as soon as i mention menopause they either seem to want the call to end or dont seem to have any imput on the subject at all in fact the first hrt i was prescribed by my now EX doctor was the oestrogen only pill which should only have been given if i had no ovaries (which i have got) i only found out i shouldnt have been on them because i asked if it could be changed as it wasnt helping my hot flushes but i will ask about the clinic thank you