Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Health anxiety through the roof  (Read 754 times)

Poppy

Health anxiety through the roof
« on: October 11, 2022, 04:36:22 PM »

Hi everyone, I feel so annoyed with myself for letting myself get so worked up about being Ill. I work in a school & at the moment there is the dreaded vomiting bug going around ( I have a real fear of being sick since childhood) I am over the top about trying to avoid it, washing hands, not standing to close to people etc. If a child is off Ill my first thought is  have they got the bug, was I close to them yesterday. I think about it constant & any little twinge in my tummy I’m convinced I’m starting with it. I’m exhausting myself with worry & panic, which also brings on a lot of my other symptoms as well. I’m 3 years post menopause & still feel as bad as I did in peri menopause. I was even going to phone in sick this morning for a couple of days to try & calm myself down. Work & menopause sometimes feels too much to cope with but mortgages & bills must come first xx

Nas

Re: Health anxiety through the roof
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 04:45:36 PM »

I also work in a school and don’t  feel the menopause and work are conducive at all! Luckily I’m out the way a bit , working with post 16 kids,but found myself today, getting very ratty indeed! Or perhaps it’s the ridiculously long half term that has presented itself!

I know what you mean though. If a child is sick, I don’t eat much that day and for the next two days, just in case! X

trandall

Re: Health anxiety through the roof
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 05:11:07 PM »

Hi Poppy health anxiety can be totally crippling and I too had time off work to try and calm myself down. I feel every pain I have is a really bad diagnosis and can’t rationalise things. I also have a feeling of dread sometimes that something bad is going to happen to me or my husband. It’s not easy and I think I will speak to my GP about the anxiety because it’s exhausting and I am not living normally day to day at the moment because of it. Hope you feel better soon