Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: how are you all finding work while going through the menopuase?  (Read 1061 times)

Molly

how are you all finding work while going through the menopuase?
« on: October 09, 2022, 08:46:45 PM »

Just wondering if anyone else is struggling in work.
I find that my mind is so forgetful, hard to concentrate and its getting more than embarrassing having conversations with colleagues. I feel so stupid most of the time. I actually dont think Im fit to work truth be told.

GabbyP

• First Flush
Re: how are you all finding work while going through the menopuase?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 09:20:19 PM »

Sorry to hear you're struggling & feeling this way. I have to confess that I have just given up work and felt that way for a good while before I did. Just had a moment one day and thought I can't do this anymore and hubby supportive. I would suggest you speak to your HR person/dept as most now have a menopause policy and you don't need to suffer in silence.

Molly

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 01:13:25 PM »

Sorry to hear you're struggling & feeling this way. I have to confess that I have just given up work and felt that way for a good while before I did. Just had a moment one day and thought I can't do this anymore and hubby supportive. I would suggest you speak to your HR person/dept as most now have a menopause policy and you don't need to suffer in silence.

Thanks for your reply gabbyp. Yes I struggle daily with meno symptoms and feel like I am not able to work. unfortunately financially cannot give up. how you are feeling a bit better within yourself x

Molly

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 01:19:13 PM »

Thanks for your reply gabbyp. Yes I struggle daily with meno symptoms and feel like I am not able to work. unfortunately financially cannot give up. how you are feeling a bit better within yourself x

thank you shoppingqueen for your reply.
I hear the both of you girls, its so hard and tough. I think shoppingqueen if you can afford to give up work and get by financially then you made the right choice. life is so so short. I would really love to give it up as not alone the physical side affects but the mental too. Im constantly beating myself up and over analysing everything thats said in work. I feel like its all eyes on me...oh its so hard. I have young children though so cannot give it up. Maybe i need to change my type of work though, take the stress out of it. Work alone and remote.

nice to know im not alone, thank you xx

EllaAurora

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 04:49:08 PM »

Hi Molly,
yes, I've struggled and not sure I would have managed without the option to work from home during pandemic. It was a blessing for me. I didn't need to take any sick leave even when I was in a bad shape, especially during spring last year with constant anxiety and very little sleep. I'm better now but still prefer working from home whenever possible, easier to cope with symptoms. At the moment I'm dreading the increasing pressure to return to office and try to still do it as little as possible.
Probably I could just be open to my manager and colleagues and ask for more home office time but I just don't feel comfortable doing that.. it seems the whole meno thing is still such a taboo.  :-\

Nas

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2022, 04:55:49 PM »

Yes it’s hard going.
No option of homeworking for me either.
It’s just go, go, go at work.
I’m actually envious of people who have the luxury of working from home!

Molly

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2022, 08:58:50 PM »

thanks for the replies girls.
ellaaurora, you should try and get a note from doc , you could always say its something else. Dont struggle if you can xx

I know nas, its hard. oh to win the lotto and have more options x

Peanut31

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2022, 06:58:17 AM »

Hi

I started to notice I just cannot remember how to do things anymore,  and the banking I did for work took longer and longer to do.

I was moody and felt overwhelmed.

In the end I did burst into tears with my boss, and explained I felt I no longer recognised the person I was becoming.

She was very sympathetic with me and told me not to worry. My work also had in place a policy for menopause support.

However, all my work colleagues are ladies so this helped, but after talking I found everything just wanted to support me, plus my HRT started to help me too.

I have since left working there and now work in a slower pace environment for a family member so it’s suits me better, as I have set days at work and no weekend work. I find Structure for me helps.

Good luck & best wishes
Peanut31

Molly

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2022, 12:23:48 PM »

thansk peanut31.

Yes i think im going to have to stop thinking about what other people are thinking and saying about me and do whats best for me and my mental health. As I keep saying life is so short and we only get 1 go at  it. Being happy is everything even if its a lower paid job . If I can survive on this I need to change.
I just worry about my husband too thinking I dont want to work or not doing my fair share. Life just keeps getting more and more expensive alas.

xx

Skyflier67

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2022, 03:20:56 PM »

I had this discussion with my friend today.  I suffer with brain fog terribly and making silly mistakes at work.  Thankfully I work with doctors who although are male are all fairly sympathetic but I'm not used to making stupid mistakes and its stressing me out big time!!

Molly

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2022, 03:31:22 PM »

Oh poor you skyflier. I know exactly what you mean. Tg you are working with people that understand.

I could be told something and in half an hour I have that totally forgotten and cant remember it. Very embarrassing.