Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: what exactly does optimising estrogen mean? how do we know?  (Read 1892 times)

EllaAurora

Re: what exactly does optimising estrogen mean? how do we know?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2022, 04:31:46 PM »

Hi Pepperminty,
this is a good question. I agree that optimising is not the same as just increasing oestrogen. Personally I've found that I feel better when my oestrogen level is as stable as possible (which is not easy as I'm still peri ::)), and it doesn't have to be very high. I had blood test in the summer and to my surprise, it was only 170, which is quite low, but I was feeling OK. I got concerned though that maybe it was too low for bone protection, so I've added a bit more during recent months.

Currently I'm struggling with absorption. In the summer I was taking 3 pumps and compared to that, 170 is low. Now I've added half a pump but might still be on the lower side. At least I have none of the symptoms of high oestrogen, rather the other way around. Not sure why this is, maybe it is the way I apply the gel.  :-\ Gynae said I can go up to 4 pumps, which sounds very high dose but I guess I'll have to try that. I'm just dreading the idea of making changes as it took me really long time to find any kind of balance.

Hope you're getting on well! xx

Marchlove

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2022, 08:14:50 PM »

Hi Ella

Go with what made you feel ok, not by blood tests.

M x

Clarella

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2022, 05:41:45 AM »

Ella I agree it’s the ups and downs. I had breastfeeding amenorrhea after both children (born when I was 37 and 41) and I was okish then. It was when the cycle returned that I had terrible symptoms.

I also seemed to have had no cycle for two months when I first started hrt and felt great. (I was also still breastfeeding a bit!)

I swing between Considering mini pill or :P testosterone!
Pages: 1 [2]