Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Terrible Middle back internal pain - is it HRT Related (Evorel 50 & Utrogestan)?  (Read 1179 times)

Mollys65

• First Flush

Hi
Looking for some advice please and to see if anyone else has these symptoms.  I have been prescribed Evorel 50 patches and Utrogestan 100mg capsules (one taken every day).  I am 57 and 9 years post-menopausal.  Have been on various HRT regimes, but always suffered with heavy bleeding.  Was referred to Menopause Clinic who put me on this HRT and I have been taking it since 25 August this year, so 43 days.  I have had no bleeds, which is great, but over the last couple of weeks I have had terrible internal aches/pains, mainly on my right hand middle back area.  Have been to GP who first diagnosed Bladder/Kidney infection and put me on antibiotics, which did no good at all.  Called back, told by another GP I didn't have infection and didn't need antibiotics!  I just feel really bloated and 'heavy', sometimes quite similar to how I used to feel before a period, and if I move into certain positions the pain is quite intense, but it is different from muscular aches.  I was wondering whether I need to have a break of the Utrogestan and allow a bleed?  Am waiting for the Menopause Clinic to call me back, but was interested to see if anyone else can identify with these problems - thanks for any help ladies!

Rocky

Hi, could it be IBS, do you have any bowel movement issues?

Mollys65

• First Flush

Hi

Thanks for the reply, but no issues there...

Bindi

Hi molly im only knew to this hormonel stuff ive been told my ovestin cream should stay localized but i get bad lower back pain and cramping if i  do the full loads that are prescribed..so i halve mine..could you be getting to much..mayb cut back and see how you go..lol ive been told sometimes less is more..for me  it wrks haveing less and were all different its true

Jasmine20

Could it be gallbladder issues?

I had similar and I think estrogen in either HRT or the contraceptive pill can trigger gallstones and gallbladder issues - it's certainly listed in the patient leaflet. This can cause pain to radiate into the right side of your back and sometimes around the shoulder blade.