Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: PROVERA  (Read 1557 times)

LisaBenno

PROVERA
« on: October 06, 2022, 07:53:26 PM »

Hi all,
I’ve been prescribed Provera by my GP today, I’ve tried many types of progesterone and have been unable to tolerate them, so Provera is my last hope.

I was eager to start it so went straight to my local pharmacy. I was informed that they hadn’t had this is stock for some months and that they weren’t able to order any.
I went to three further pharmacies and was told the same thing.
I am so fed up, I literally don’t know what to do now…are there any alternatives to Provera at all please with same ingredient-Medroxyprogesterone?

Marchlove

Re: PROVERA
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 07:58:07 PM »

Hi LB

I’m sorry but I don’t know the answer to this.
I’m sure other members will be along soon with some advice.
Do a search on the site and see what comes up.

M x

Nik2502

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 08:04:04 PM »

Hi Lisa

There was a shortage of 10mg tablets but new supplies were due end of September. 2.5 and 5mg are in supply.
You might have to ring a couple of pharmacy’s. 
Nik x

LisaBenno

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 09:53:34 PM »

Hi Marchlove I will do thank you and thanks Nik2502 I will try again tomorrow!  🤞🏻👌🏻

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2022, 11:34:42 PM »

I've checked on the BMS site and Pfizer, who I think manufacture it, say there are no shortages of any of their HRT products as at 22 September. Sounds hopeful!

CherryC

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2022, 07:06:06 AM »

I've been trying Provera for the last couple of months and get the 5mg from Boots pharmacy no bother.  Haven't been told there is any issue with supply (as yet anyway). x

LisaBenno

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2022, 07:25:12 AM »

Thank you Taz2 and Cherry C, that’s good news, it may be an issue just where I live then, will try more chemists today!  :)

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2022, 07:58:22 AM »

Hi try the Boots prescription checker x

LisaBenno

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2022, 08:18:36 AM »

Thanks Dotty, I didn’t know about this, can I just find the link on Google please? x

Dotty

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2022, 09:38:59 AM »

https://www.boots.com/online/psc/

Here’s the link…try different postcodes around you. It’s worth ringing them once you’ve found some as it’s not always up to date. X

LisaBenno

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2022, 09:46:00 AM »

Thanks Dotty, I found the link and one boots was showing them being in stock, my husband is out on a walk and so he went there and to 4 more different pharmacies and each one have informed him that there are none in stock and none with the manufacturer?!  :'(  X

Dotty

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2022, 09:53:35 AM »

Sorry to hear that.

https://www.pfizer.co.uk/contact-us

I would contact Pfizer and ask them. On the BMS site the last update said there were no shortages of Pfizer products. That was 26th Sep . x

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2022, 09:55:26 AM »

Sorry to hear that.

https://www.pfizer.co.uk/contact-us

I would contact Pfizer and ask them. On the BMS site the last update said there were no shortages of Pfizer products. That was 26th Sep . x

Yes I saw that too.

shoppingqueen

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2022, 07:31:10 AM »

Hi
I was also prescribed last week. My local boots said expecting delivery mid October. They offered to ring around other Boots but I decided to check another independent pharmacy for back stock and they had enough for my prescription. 5mcg (which I’m solitting to 2.5 per day for now till I get used to it).
It’s a huge worry these shortages as I too can’t tolerate Utrogestan so not sure what I’ll do either! Might then have to be a combi patch??

What HRT are you using? And what regimen dosage did your doctor suggest for the Provera? Mine said 100 patch or 3-4 pumps gel should be either 2.5mcg or 5mcg per day. Clear as mud so I’ve emailed Dr Currie for clarification.

X

LisaBenno

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2022, 08:43:25 PM »

Hi shopping queen, so I managed to find an independent pharmacy who had 10mg in stock so I got my prescription changed and am halving them.
I took my first one last night and have been in a bed with a migraine all day (I do suffer with them so just hoping this isn’t a side effect 🤞🏻)
I also use 2-3 pumps of gel.
My doctor is on maternity leave at the moment so I saw a student doctor and it was clear that I knew more than she did about HRT/menopause. She went to speak to another GP for advice for over 15 mins!
Fingers crossed for us both!! X
Pages: [1] 2