Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel increase Help  (Read 1018 times)

isy71

• First Flush
Oestrogel increase Help
« on: October 08, 2022, 07:58:48 AM »

Hello,
This is my first post.
I have been on Oestrogel for a year and a half and had my ups and downs with it but was happy enough as Peri, I know there are fluctuations. Stable on Utrogestan too (cyclical 10 days)
I recently had lots of tension headaches and anxiety and the old symptoms crept back and blood pressure was high due to anxiety. My Gynea told me that I could try and increase by 1 pump.... I do 2 pumps morning and 1 at night.
7 days in and all good apart from muscle aches especially arms... The neck and back pain gone, much calmer, not tired all the time and on the whole better apart from this symptom which is driving me to think maybe its too much and I should reduce? I also am getting worse hot flushes from 5pm onwards and still get night sweats (this all at night)
I don't know if I should decrease now :(  Anyone experiences this when increasing?

Amazing grace

Re: Oestrogel increase Help
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 06:09:24 PM »

Hi isy71, if you have only recently increased these symptoms can be due to increase and will settle with time, every time I've increased I've had hot flushes it soon settles, hot flushes can be because of too much estrogen, I've had that when on high doses, it's really difficult to know because too little /too much have similar symptoms, but after only a short time I'd stick with it and see if it settles in the next few weeks x

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2022, 12:37:29 PM »

Hello isy71 and welcome to the forum.

Of I understand you correctly you are saying that muscle aches have returned along with hot flushes and night sweats since you increased your Oestrogen.

I am sorry that I can't be of help but I have also recently changed my Oestrogen dose and similar symptoms are appearing. I intend to see if things settle down before I make any other changes. Hopefully our bodies will adjust quickly to the new regime.

Amazing grace - I always assumed that low Oestrogen was the cause of flushes and night sweats ( in fact I have just said so on another thread) so your experience is very interesting.
Are you saying that for some of us flushes and night sweats can definitely be caused by increasing Oestrogen?  This is a revelation to me and I will see if things settle before I fiddle with my Sandrena gel again lol.

Wishing you well ladies.

K.

Amazing grace

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 03:15:38 PM »

Hi Kathleen, hot flushes/sweats are commonly from low estrogen but high estrogen can also cause hot flushes and sweating I have had this temporary when increasing a dose which settled in time and also persistently when my dose was too high, if you Google it you will see that hot flushes are indeed a symptom of high estrogen, in fact the too high/too low symptoms of estrogen are very much the same which makes it very confusing when your trying to get the balance right x

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2022, 03:58:58 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Amazing grace - thank you  so much for responding.
I will certainly Google hot flushes/ sweats and Oestrogen that is too high.
I agree that this whole business is very confusing!

Wishing you well and take care.

K.