Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Should I increase Evorel or try testosterone?  (Read 1129 times)

CarolN11

• First Flush
Should I increase Evorel or try testosterone?
« on: October 10, 2022, 08:31:16 AM »

Hi all,

I've been on Evorel 50 and Utrogestan for 3 months.  I have seen no discernible improvement in my symptoms, mainly fatigue, anxiety, foggy brain, muscle weakness and irritability.  (I managed to sort out my hot flushes with hemp oil capsules).
Does anyone know if it's best to increase the Evorel to 75 rather than adding testosterone to the mix? My doctor is very nice but doesn't have a clue about menopause treatment so I have to present him with what I want.

Hope someone can advise, thanks.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 08:33:48 AM by CarolN11 »

Dotty

Re: Should I increase Evorel or try testosterone?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 09:20:22 AM »

Hi welcome to the forum  :)

It’s probably best to increase the oestrogen if you haven’t seen any improvements.

Are you able to give us any details about yrself…age, where you are in menopause … as this will help any answers . xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 09:21:50 AM »

Hello CarolN. Welcome to the forum. I agree with Dotty and would increase to 75 first.

CarolN11

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 10:38:03 PM »

Hi, I'm 58 and think I'm 2 years post menopausal but I'm not certain.
Thanks for the advice, I'll speak to my doctor and try increasing the oestrogen.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 06:34:33 AM »

Hi CarolN. Have you had  blood tests to check for VitD deficiency etc? It's always good to make sure it's not just Meno causing these symptoms. It's good to hear you had some success with the hemp oil  Are you still using it?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Perinowpost

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2022, 07:06:06 AM »

Hi CarolN12

I would have the checks as Taz said but I would try testosterone if I were you it definitely helps with fatigue, brain fog and confidence I found. Wishing you well x

CarolN11

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2022, 11:59:42 AM »

Hi again, I use a Vit D spray every day, need it in the Highlands!
I still take hemp oil every day, although I've cut back from 2000mg to 1000mg.  It was so amazing how it stopped my hot flushes. 
The only thing I'm wary about using the testosterone is that I've read it can increase anxiety.  Does anyone know if this is correct?  I worry constantly as it is so don't want to make that side of things worse.
Thanks again, Carol ☺️

Perinowpost

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2022, 01:05:52 PM »

Too much T can cause anxiety. The exact right amount though increases confidence. I take a bean size amount 3 x per week and that is perfect x

applejack

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2022, 01:24:57 PM »

Can confirm - it's made no difference to my anxiety and I also take a pea sized blob 3x per week

Can't say it's improved the brain fog as I still struggle to finish sentences, but I feel slightly more chipper. Not by a great amount, but I'm less snappy and am laughing a bit more.