Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Cerazette and menopause  (Read 727 times)

PeriPeri

• First Flush
Cerazette and menopause
« on: November 01, 2022, 12:04:31 PM »

I’ve been taking this pill for a few years now and I don’t have periods since I’ve been on it. I’m 44 and I would say I’ve been experiencing symptoms of perimenopause for a few years. My mum was 45 when she went through the change so I have suspicions that I’m not too far away but how can I know for sure? Just looking for anyone who has been in a similar position for some advice. Thanks.

Flossieteacake

Re: Cerazette and menopause
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 12:09:40 PM »

Hello Peri Peri and welcome to the forum. I was on cerezete and did not have any periods too. For me the menopausal symptoms were joint pain, extreme itching, low mood for no apparent reason, watery discharge.

After some researching I found this forum and realised my symptoms were peri menopause.

PeriPeri

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 12:44:09 PM »

Thank you, at what point did you come off the pill? When you don’t have periods anyway, how do you tell if you’ve gone through the menopause?

I’ve had sleep problems, dry itchy skin, anxiety, occasional night sweats amongst other things!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 12:49:05 PM »

Thank you, at what point did you come off the pill? When you don’t have periods anyway, how do you tell if you’ve gone through the menopause?

I’ve had sleep problems, dry itchy skin, anxiety, occasional night sweats amongst other things!

You can stay on the pill so if it suits you then I would stay on it. I only came off it two months ago because I started to have issues with progesterone. Your symptoms indicate perimenopause to me so I would try HRT. Period changes are not the only symptom to look for.

PeriPeri

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 01:41:22 PM »

Thank you  :)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2022, 01:43:02 PM »

Thank you  :)

You are most welcome.  :)