Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Fsh and LH - last straw in my sanity- please help!  (Read 785 times)

floraljo

Fsh and LH - last straw in my sanity- please help!
« on: October 05, 2022, 10:03:44 AM »

Hi all,

Please can anyone help? I'm having a hard time. I'm a single parent and highly anxious right now about high fsh results. I'm trying to understand if it is menopause or brain tumour I'm dealing with and I'm struggling with dealing with doctors (my previous gp is in prison for sexual assaulting patients).
My recent results:

Oestradiol - 17 days in cycle - 899

Day 2
Fsh - 28.8
lh 13.7

Day 3
Fsh 31.5
lh 15.8

Day 4
Fsh 32.6
lh 16.5
oestradiol 113

41, pelvic pain and only very occasional odd period (shorter) since 2020. Mostly normal until June this year. June I had loads of stress- relationship breakup and diagnosed with high risk hpv, moving house and lots of other life events. Period in August was very heavy. Bleeding this month was on time and normal but day 3 fsh was very high (see above).

I saw gp twice last year who did fsh test but only one and didn't advise it needs to be day 3. Both results were low but I think it's because it was late in the cycle. I took matters into my own hands and paid privately for tests - results above.

Other than occasional odd bleeding, I don't have any other perimenopause symptoms. No sweats or anything else.

Does this sound like menopause and do my results fit that? Any help would be appreciated. I'm waiting to see a gp in 4 weeks. Thanks

Flossieteacake

Re: Fsh and LH - last straw in my sanity- please help!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 10:27:11 AM »

Hello floraljo and welcome to the forum. I am really sorry to hear how difficult things are for you right now.

I cannot advice about the fhs results but I am sure somebody knowledgeable will be along soon.

As your periods are changing then it could be menopausal. If you are over 45 then GPs tend to go by symptoms and not fsh results. Please try not to panic as fsh results can change depending on where you are in your cycle.

floraljo

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 11:06:53 AM »

Thank you for your reply. I'm 41 and I think have had issues for a couple of years perhaps.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2022, 11:08:07 AM »

Thank you for your reply. I'm 41 and I think have had issues for a couple of years perhaps.

I started perimenopause symptoms at 38 so you are not alone. You will find a lot of support on here.  :)

floraljo

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2022, 12:10:01 PM »

Thank you. Did you find a cause? How did you know it was menopause?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2022, 12:15:06 PM »

Thank you. Did you find a cause? How did you know it was menopause?

After researching I found this forum and read lots of posts. I realised I had many of the symptoms that other members did on here. I then asked to try HRT. I was laughed at by the first GP and told I was too young but a second one agreed to let me try it.