Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: I'm new  (Read 1286 times)

SarahG

• First Flush
I'm new
« on: October 05, 2022, 03:50:11 PM »

Hi,  I am new to this forum and self-diagnosed perimenopausal.  I am 36 years old and because of this I feel like my GP is completely dismissing my belief that I am going through early menopause,  even though I have explained this runs in my family.  I actually started to believe I was going completely mad, due to my short temper, irritability, over emotional reactions to EVERYTHING,  forgetfulness, tiredness,  almost non-existent libido, the complete inability to lose weight, awful tired looking hair and just the general feeling I am turning into some kind of monster.  My husband and kids are certainly feeling it which makes me feel even worse.  It is all just a little overwhelming.  I am so looking forward to not feeling like the only person in the world going through this

Flossieteacake

Re: I'm new
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 04:06:20 PM »

Hello SarahG and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry your GP is being so dismissive. I had the same experience when I went to my GP at 38. I spoke to another GP and was very firm about trying HRT and it helped me so much. It is sad that many GPs are ignorant of premature ovarian failure, especially when you mentioned it runs in your family. I would ask to speak to another GP.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 06:20:02 PM »

Hiya.  :welcomemm:

Yes, I’d seek out another GP.
If it runs in the family, please don’t give up. They’re quick enough to ask if anything else runs through family, so why not listen when you’ve explained meno does too. 😡
Ask for another GP, or speak to the nurse.

Good luck.
Oh, your NOT going round the bend. I’m sure your family will understand. xx

discogirl

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2022, 06:30:10 PM »

welcome  to the forum sarahG xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2022, 06:41:19 PM »

Also look at the Daisy web-site, specifically for early menopause advice and support.

I would also send an e-mail to the Practice Manager ........

:welcomemm:

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2022, 07:09:12 PM »

Hi SarahG. Good advice from everyone already and I just wondered whether your GP has run blood tests for you in order to rule out things like anaemia, thyroid or vitamin D problems.

Taz x  :hug:

SarahG

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2022, 07:17:29 PM »

Thank you guys, I think I will definitely get a second opinion. I did have full blood works done so I know everything else has been ruled out which is good obviously but frustrating because I just want someone to say, this is what is wrong x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2022, 07:49:14 PM »

Of course you need your feelings validated.  Let us know how you get on.