Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Flooding on Oestrogel/Utrogestan  (Read 942 times)

Fruitcake

Flooding on Oestrogel/Utrogestan
« on: October 12, 2022, 10:26:49 AM »

I'm peri and 55 years old, was only having 3 bleeds a year without any HRT, very light and no pain.  Tried 3 months of Evorel Conti but  was bleeding most of the time on the patch but not heavily. Symptom control wasn't great either.

So changed to Oestrogel (2 pumps/day) and 200mg Vaginal Utrogestan for 12 days. I ended up with vaginal Utrogestan because the prescription said 200mg capsules not 100mg capsules so not intentional.  Have just completed the first month on this regime.

Anyway 5 days after stopping the Utrogestan I started with light cramping and a light flow in the morning, all fine. The cramping pains did get worse through the day but the next morning I woke up with full on flooding.  The bleed is really watery, like nothing I have experienced before.  I'm now on the second day of heavy watery bleed. It doesn't seem to be reducing in intensity.

I'm using a menstrual cup, fortunately I have different sizes, started with the smaller size which could not hold the flow of the liquid at all.  Using the large size now and it is half full every hour.  Haven't slept much, as you can imagine. Getting concerned now it won't stop at all!

Anyone any ideas what is going on here and I certainly do not want this next month, so what do I need to change please?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Flooding on Oestrogel/Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 12:55:32 PM »

:foryou:  I would flood every month, needing a thick bath towel in the night due to leakages  >:(

Marchlove

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 02:11:46 PM »

Hi Fruitcake

I’m sorry I’m not experienced in advising on bleeding issues.
Just wanted to respond to say I expect someone more knowledgeable will be along soon.

M x

Fruitcake

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2022, 05:26:45 PM »

Thank you for the flowers CLKD.  Yes, I was laid on a bath towel last night with an extra pad as well!  I don't find menstrual cups that leak-proof anyway through the night and that is just on a normal bleed.

Thank you Marchlove for your reply.  I have searched the forum and google.  I know it isn't uncommon for these issues to occur but for me it is totally unknown territory.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2022, 07:25:54 PM »

Cups are OK when standing up I would have thought  ::) not something that I ever came across.  I hated the blood that ran down my back to my waist in the night  >:(

MayB put the product names into the search box: separately : 2 C threads that pop up?  Make notes.

pepperminty

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2022, 06:24:43 AM »

Hi,

I have a watery bleed too, no idea what causes it. I know utro is a high dose. Maybe it is clearing any build up? Give it 3 months and write down when the bleed  starts and stops and type and amount of bleed each day/pain/ spotting etc
Then you can see if it changes, or improves.
It is early days .
PMXX

Fruitcake

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2022, 09:51:00 AM »

Thanks pepperminty.  The bleed finally lessened towards the end of yesterday evening.  Thank goodness, I really didn't want a night like the previous one, hourly trips to the bathroom to empty the cup.

I have reduced the gel to one pump. I'll see how the symptom control is off that level of estrogen and go from there.

I feel exhausted with it all.