Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Not coping well  (Read 961 times)

Nik2502

Not coping well
« on: October 04, 2022, 09:59:07 AM »

Hi ladies

I’m really struggling. I’ve cried for days. I feel so anxious about the most ridiculous things.

I’ve upped my oestrogen a bit but it has only been a couple of days.

I just want to lie in bed and cry and I know I can’t. I’ve no motivation. I’m not depressed - it’s not the same as how I’ve felt before.

My poor husband is at his wits end.

I just really needed to get it off my chest to other ladies who know what it feels like.

Nik x

discogirl

Re: Not coping well
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 10:05:53 AM »

Hi Nik2502

I'm really sorry you're feeling like this.

Hormones really can play havoc with us mentally, emotionally and not to mention physically.

I know exactly how you feel, I have a lot going on also, but all the ladies on this site are marvellous.

As I'm no expert (only started hrt in august and I'm sure more experienced ladies will be along to help) but from what I've
learned on this site, increase in your oestrogen can take a while to kick in.

I know it's hard when you have so much going on.

Keep talking on here though, as you definately not alone xxx

marge

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 10:06:07 AM »

So sorry you’re feeling so awful Nik, we’re all hear to listen. Might not have any answers, but you’re far from alone - anxiety is dreadful and so very common

Nik2502

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 10:09:51 AM »

Thank you ladies. All I want is to feel like myself again and be happy. I’m struggling so much and feel so alone. My friends are all sailing through the menopause and I’m a wreck.
I agree it takes time for the oestrogen to kick in. It’s just hard being patient when you feel so rubbish.
It’s nice just to know that the ladies on this forum are so supportive x

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 10:36:09 AM »

I know Nik2502,

I felt exactly the same, and still battle with anxiety, insomnia (tinnitus!!!) but I'm glad I'm on hrt and the ladies on here have been second to none.

It made me realise that I'm not on my own, many women do struggle with menopause however this forum will give you help, advice and even just to realise that you're not on your own xxxx

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 12:10:43 PM »

Hello Nik2502

I am so sorry that you are suffering. I completely understand how you feel.

I also know women who have escaped these issues and I rage about the unfairness of it all.

This forum is a lifeline for those of us with problems and the support of other ladies is invaluable.

I understand that any changes to HRT can cause upset so although you may benefit from the increase it may take a while for your body to adjust to the new regime.

I would love to know if any research is being done to understand the wide range of Meno symptoms and work out ways to help everyone!

I hope you feel better soon and sending hugs.

K.

discogirl

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2022, 12:15:47 PM »

Hi Nik2502

I think one thing will become apparent and that is even now the lack of good advice and information for women going through the menopause, which is in itself a very lonely and traumatic time, apart from everything else us women have to do.

This forum has given me good reliable advice when my gp has either not had the knowledge or the time available.

I'm always posting things and the ladies here are helpful and patient, as my posts can be quite frantic sometimes.

We help each other out here xxx

Nik2502

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2022, 07:00:05 AM »

Thank you again everyone.
I just hope I will start to feel better soon x

Booroo

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2022, 08:01:11 AM »

Absolutely agree with the bursting into tears that’s me at mo so much going on and it’s self destruction x

Nik2502

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2022, 08:51:51 AM »

Absolutely agree with the bursting into tears that’s me at mo so much going on and it’s self destruction x

It’s awful isn’t it? I feel like I’m never going to stop crying x

discogirl

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2022, 09:01:44 AM »

I really feel for you Nik2502, I felt the same yesterday as I literally hadn't slept apart from 2 hours.

I slept last night and feel ok today.

Keep talking to us ladies, it just helps me to know that I'm not on my own many, many women are struggling through menopause at the moment.

One thing my hubby keeps telling me and that is there is always a beginning, a middle and an end to things. And although sometimes I feel stuck in the middle of a dark tunnel, what is that saying...it's always darkest before the dawn.

Sunny days are ahead for you xxxx

Nik2502

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2022, 09:29:07 AM »

Thank you discogirl

It does help knowing I’m not alone. I hear what you’re saying about being stuck in a dark tunnel. I feel paralysed with fear sometimes that this is my life now. I’ve increased my oestrogen so hoping it’ll kick in soon but I’m also worried it’s too much :-(. I just can’t win! 
I’m so anxious and tearful over the stupidest of things. I try and distract  myself but I’m tired. Trying to do a word search while crying isn’t easy! X

discogirl

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2022, 09:31:39 AM »

From what I've learned from the other ladies on here, it does take a while for the increase to kick in.

Might be worthwhile getting a blood oestradiol level check done, just to see where your levels are at.

xxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2022, 10:39:03 AM »

Hello Nik2502. You have had very good advice on here. I just wanted to say that you will not always feel this way. I understand the fear of feeling you are stuck with this anxiety an low mood. Your hormones are all over the place right now but once you find the right balance, things will improve.

If you feel anxious or tearful then there is no shame in that at all. People are always patient and kind when a woman feels this way due to pregnancy and we deserve the same kindness when feeling this way due to menopause.

Maybe your husband would feel better reading this:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2458.0.html

It will give him a bit more of an idea of what you are going through.