Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Does withdrawal bleeding ever settle?  (Read 472 times)

Greyhoundgal

Does withdrawal bleeding ever settle?
« on: October 03, 2022, 02:21:49 PM »

Hi all

I've just finished my 5th cycle of utrogestan (200mg from days 15 to 26 of my cycle) with continuous use of Sandrena gel (1 mg estradiol). I started off taking utrogestan for the 1st 25 days of my cycle (100 mg) as my GP is inexperienced with HRT, then switched for the last 2 months to 200 mg from days 15 to 26, due to premature bleeding in the utrogestan cycle, side effects and heavy withdrawal bleeds.

However, while the utrogestan side effects are better on a shorter cycle, the withdrawal bleeds are very heavy. I appreciate it's only been 5 months but does the bleeding ever settle down and decrease or do I need to try something else? The only decent thing about the late stages of peri was that my periods were light and irregular. Now I'm back to very heavy, regular periods albeit without night sweats and hot flushes, and generally hating the cramps, flooding and fatigue from the periods.

I'm really beginning to wonder if it's worth continuing with HRT, or just stopping it and toughing out the symptoms.

Can anyone relate or did you find a solution? I'm not able to have a Mirena coil for medical reasons so that option is not an option, so to speak.

Huge thanks for any advice.

Ecl

Re: Does withdrawal bleeding ever settle?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 06:10:51 PM »

Hi Greyhound gal,
Different people respond in different ways so it’s impossible to tell how you will get on without trying it.
It is often said that you need to try HRT for 3 months before tweaking anything so as you have only had 2 cycles of a sequii routine I would keep going. But also it took 5 months for me to settle into my first routine so bear in mind it may take a bitlonger

Greyhoundgal

Re: Does withdrawal bleeding ever settle?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 08:51:02 AM »

Thank you so much for your reply. I'll give it another couple of months and then talk to my GP about it.