Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Sudden surge in symptoms help please  (Read 554 times)

shoppingqueen

Sudden surge in symptoms help please
« on: October 04, 2022, 06:23:52 AM »

Hello ladies

I’m currently going back to gel after the shortage debacle and a failed trial on patches.

I’ve been a few days on 2.5 pumps (splitting 2 am and half pm to try and reduce night sweats). I was on gel for a long time previously with good control as I’m post meno (I think but now I’m beginning to wonder. I’m 54). I was using 3 pumps in the morning.

In the last couple of days I’ve had a massive spike in my symptoms, continual raging flushes, night sweats pins and needles, itchy and dizzy, crushing fatigue. It’s been like going back to my early bad peri days when starting HRT 8 years ago. Just as bad.

Any thoughts about what I should do? I’m only a week into 2.5 but it’s getting progressively worse. Should I wait a while longer before putting up to 3? Trying to be patient but it’s really awful.

I’m assuming I’ve had a radical drop in my own production and maybe this is it? I thought we needed less as we got older?

Thanks for any help, as always.

SQ

Dotty

Re: Sudden surge in symptoms help please
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 08:03:05 AM »

Hi if patches didn’t suit you then it’s likely that your oestrogen levels have dropped and it will take time to build them up again.

If you were on 3 pumps previously then I would go back to using 3 pumps. The problem with using half a pump is that you can’t gauge half a pump exactly so may be getting different doses . x

shoppingqueen

Re: Sudden surge in symptoms help please
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 09:57:48 AM »

Thanks Dotty! This makes sense as I’d really felt like there is zero estrogen in my system. I’ll do the 3 full today and stick with this for a while so hopefully things settle.
Thanks for helping xx